Leaving for Dartmoor

Sherlock allowed the man into the flat. He had brought a video with him. Alex put it in the DVD player and played it. She, John, and Sherlock watched it in silence. It was about a place called Dartmoor. The man appeared on the screen. He was talking about what had killed his father. Just as he was about to tell the interviewer what he saw. Sherlcok turned it off.

"What did you see?" He asked.

"I was just about to say." The man, named Henry, said.

"Yes, in a TV interview. I prefer to do my own editing." Sherlock said.

"Yes, sorry. Of course." Harry said. He blew his nose.

"In your own time." John smiled.

"But quite quickly." Sherlock said. 

"Do you know Dartmoor, Mr. Holmes?" Henry asked.

"No." Sherlock shook his head.

"It's an amazing place, like no where else. It's sort of bleak, but beautiful." Henry said.

"Hm, not interested, moving on." Sherlock said. John gave him a look and Alex glared at him.

"Dude!" She said. 

"We used to go for walks after my mum died, me and my dad. Every evening, we'd go out onto the moor." Henry said.

"Yes, good, skipping to the night your dad was violently killed." Sherlock said. "Where did that happen?"

"I'm sorry, sir, he's...always like this." Alex sighed.

"There's a place, it's sort of a local landmark. It's called Dewar's Hollow. That's an acient name for the devil." Henry said.

"So?" Sherlock said.

"Did you see the devil that night?" John asked.

"Yes." Henry whispered. "It was huge. Coal black fur, with red eyes. It got him, tore at him. Tore him apart. I can't remember anything else. They found me the next morning, just wandering on the moor. My dad's body was never found."

"It could have just been a wolf. It sounds kind of like one." Alex said, looking to Sherlock.

"Or a genetic experiment." Sherlock said. He turned away, fighting a smile that was creeping up on his lips. A small chuckle escaped him.

"Are you laughing at me, Mr. Holmes?" Henry asked.

"Why are you joking?" Sherlock asked.

"My dad was always going on about the things they were doing at Baskerville." Henry said. "About the type of monsters they were breeding there. People used to laugh at him. At least the TV people took me seriously." 

"I assume it did wonder for Devon Tourism." Sherlock said.

"Henry, whatever did happen to your father, it was 20 years ago. Why come to us now?" John asked.

"I'm not sure you can help me, Mr. Holmes." Henry said. "Since you find it all so funny."

"Because of what happened last night." Sherlock said.

"Why, what happened last night?" John asked.

"How do you know?" Henry asked.

"I don't know." Sherlock said. "I noticed. Came up from Devon on the first available train this morning, had a disappointed breakfast and a cup of black coffee. The girl on the seat across the aisle fancied you. Although you were initially keen, you've now changed your mind. You are, however, extremely anxious to have your first ciggerete of the day. Sit down, Mr. Knight, and do please smoke. I'd be delighted."