Chapter 35: Are You Mad?

"Is there something wrong?" Pie exclaimed as soon as she noticed Win being distracted ever since they've met at the firm. His eyes were deep and fluffy, as if he just had an ample of time to sleep— or even didn't have any at all.

"What?" Win remarked as he beamed towards Pie who is now staring at him worriedly. Pluem on the other hand approaches to Win's office table and raised an eyebrow towards the other as he noticed the dark circles under the other's eyes.

"I heard you went out with Bright the other day. Adrian also told us about the night of your emotional confrontation." Pluem scoffed and quickly sat on the chair in front of the desk. Win immediately heaved a deep breath as he looked at the two of them wearily and smiled weakly.

"Yeah there's that. We never went out. I just... came with him to their architectural firm party." He hissed as he plops his back on his swivel chair. The two of them quickly glanced with each other and looked at Win naughtily. "Well I just thought that maybe we can finally talk after the project is finished. Then, I could already lift up everything that's making him feel that way." Win bit his lip as soon as he remembered how Bright snapped out in front of him that night. Just the thought of it makes him quiver.

"But that's not the reason why you have those eyebags right now, isn't it?" Pie remarked while a smirk is evident on her face. Win huffed in exhaustion as he felt a tingling sensation creeping inside his chest.

"Y-yeah." Win hesitantly shrugged and the door immediately sprung open— revealing Adrian entering their office.

"What's up?" Adrian scoffed which made Win chuckle at his sudden presence.

"Nice timing." Win hissed with which Adrian and Pie immediately sat on the couch and patiently waited for the other to spill what's happening inside his mind. "I finally met the person who called me that night... when Bright and I broke up." Wins gently remarked which made the people in front of him let out soft gasps at his statement.

"You mean, that unknown person who called you in the middle of the night?" Pie exclaimed as the other nods in response. "That's really weird since she has your phone number, and she even knows you and Bright." She huffed and quickly furrowed her eyebrows.

"Who was it?" Pluem asked and Win once again takes a deep breath and sighed heavily.

"It's architect Pam." He bit his lip as a flash of happenings from that party struck his mind, remembering how Pam looked at him tauntingly and on how mysterious it felt when he knew that there is something really off about her. "What's really bothering me is that, she seems to be close with Bright... ever since and until now."

"I never worked with Pam before though but yeah, I sometimes see them together when I happen to visit the architectural firm." Adrian remarked while tilting his head, as if remembering the times he both saw them together. "They seem pretty close."

"Yes, and the thing is..." Win hardly bit his lip from thinking too much that it almost bled. His mind is really out on the loose right now. "Bright never told me about her when we were together. If she is really his close friend, he might as well introduce her to us. But he never mentioned it, not even once." Win hissed which made the three nod to agree.

"Yeah, that clearly makes it weirder." Pie scoffed with which Win smiles weakly.

"And... I don't know but I'm having a slight hunch." Win fiddles his fingers as he's been on this mess ever since last night. He might not be sure about it, but it really seems to fit the narrative. "The hotel... where I found Bright. It looks like... it was Pam's style of architectural design."