Chapter 22: Too Soon

"Hey Adrian." I hissed while I stare blankly at the ceiling as if finding the right words to ask. I'm currently here in his unit and since there aren't things we're going to do at school as of the moment, I decided to just hang out here.

A week has passed now after I took the responsibility of handling my dad's firm. It was quite really rough for me but Joss was always beside me to help and make me understand things I'm not really familiar with when handling an engineering firm. He's really good at what he does and I'm thinking of expanding the firm but of course, not now. I'll consult with my dad about that when all things are on its proper places.

For now, I'll just focus on my studies and running the firm steadily. Although, it's somewhat making a toll of my mental health since I'm thinking too much of things— even the unnecessary ones.

"What?" The person facing his laptop scoffed at me as I curled myself on his bed.

"N-nothing." I hissed as I heave out a sigh from all the thoughts that keep on flooding my mind. "Final exams will be a week from now."

"Just get straight to the point, Metawin." Adrian cocked his head to look at me as I pouted. "I know you're overthinking again. Spill it."

"I'm quite messed up with the idea that Bright might be leaving soon." My breathing became hitched as I utter the words I just said. "But I know he'll come back eventually. He's just going to study there for some time." I breathily said, trying to convince myself that everything will be fine.

But my heart trembles just by the thought of it.

"When will he leave exactly?" Adrian's brows furrowed as I shrugged his question.

"I-I don't know." I bit my lip as a sudden surge of emotion swept me in a pool of realizations. "I never bothered to ask, so I'm just waiting for him to talk to me about it."

"You're just afraid. But why do you think he's not opening up about that topic to you?"

I shook my head in a response since I'm really clueless. He just chuckled and lets out a sigh.

"Because maybe he's also afraid that it might make you sad. Who's even happy when someone's going to leave, right?" He hissed and I frowned.

"But hey, it will all be fleeting eventually. They'll come back anyway." He added as if assuring me that it isn't hard but truly, it is. Long distance relationships for me are sad and although we live in an advanced society now, you can't still avoid the feeling of loneliness and longing that comes with it.

"Just enjoy the time he is here. You're not going to lose him anyway. Just physically." Adrian jokingly said and I threw him a pillow. The heck!

A sudden facetime request pulled me out from my dreary thoughts with which I immediately answered.

"Hey Mom!" I happily exclaimed as I see her on the screen. She's currently in my dad's hospital room and I can also see dad nodding at me beside mom. He's still recovering as of now and some of his muscles seem to be still paralyzed.

"Hi sweetie. Where are you now?" My mom asked as she noticed that I'm not in my room.

"I'm in Adrian's condo mom. I just finished work from the firm earlier so I just went here to hang out." I smiled as I hover my phone so me and Adrian could fit on the screen.