Chapter 18: Unexpected

Days have passed and now, we're stuck on a Final project on one of our major subjects. I'm thankful it's a by group project, and that means I can establish a group with my friends. It will be another requirement that will for sure, make us stressed.

"Hey can we have a meeting on Friday about our project?" Adrian remarked as we are now on our usual spot during lunchtime.

"Yeah sure. We need to discuss about the things we need to incorporate in it." Pluem replied and Pie nodded to agree.

"But I'll just assign research works for the meantime. Is that okay?"

"Sure." I replied and Adrian immediately brought his phone out of his bag and typed the things we needed to do and sent it to our group conversation.

Actually, tomorrow's my birthday but I really can't feel its vibe. I don't know, I'm just too exhausted from the past few days that happened. It's making me feel tired, if not sleepy. Maybe because it's just a week after the exams? But that also means this semester is near to its end.

Am I supposed to be happy about that though?

Our exam results were actually good. And I'm beyond thankful because all the sleepless nights and tiresome days of studying really paid off.

"So where's our ordeal tomorrow, Win?" Pie suddenly scoffed out of nowhere and I see her raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, tomorrow's your birthday! Shall we drink ourselves to sleep this weekend?" Pluem added giggling and I can see his eyes turn into hearts. He's really a drunkard!

"Let's just go out this weekend, yeah? My parents are still in Chiang Mai and they said they're probably will not be home so I guess I'm staying here for a while." I nonchalantly said as I hear them agree.

My dad is actually fine now since the results of his checkup came out last Monday and he was just exhausted lately so he had continuous migraines last week. I nearly scolded him for not taking much rest and he just laughed at me!

"Alright!" Adrian happily remarked which made me chuckle.

"Let's have dinner on Saturday first. Then we'll drink. It's an after-exam celebration too." I giggled and they are all now too excited for Saturday to happen.

I really think everyone of us always need to find some time to pull ourselves away from stress and anxiety every now and then so we might not get too occupied with our problems and risk our mental healths.

The rest of the day turned out to be normal as I'm now on my way back to my unit. Bright has not bugged me today or even sent me text messages which I find really weird because he always pester me every single day.

I'm guessing he's quite busy now with his thesis since their departmental defense will be weeks from now.

Are you busy? I took the liberty to message him as I already arrived in my room.

Minutes have passed and a notification came from my phone. I chuckled as soon as I read his message.

[Yes baby, need to finish some shits. I'm sorry.]

Alright. Take care!

Since there are also things I needed to finish, I just focused on my subject requirements which took me almost 4 hours. I'm glad we went to have dinner earlier with my friends. It's now 11 in the evening and the night is getting deeper, with which I decided to take a rest and I immediately fell asleep.