Chapter 27: Loverboy

"I already had a talk with Mr. Mike this morning about the way he wants his future house to be architecturally styled. Since there are a lot of variations and styles of architecture, he tasked us to decide about this." Pam shoots a smile at me which I just nodded in response. "What would you prefer engineer if you are the client?"

I hummed for a while since I'm not really sure if what would I choose. There are really a lot of architectural styles with which you can also fuse into one.

"With the years of being in this field, I really like a modern house mixed with contemporary architecture. It's really edgy and it looks neat when the elements are well-balanced." I was a bit mesmerized at the idea of the house which immediately popped into my head. That type of architecture really fascinates me.

"I'll add that to my list engineer. I am currently sketching some plans and perspectives about it and I'm sure I can finish all the rendering within less than a week." She assured me with a smile. "I'll soon ask for a meeting with Sir Mike so we can start planning its integrity."

"Thank you architect. I already have a perfect lot for Sir Mike's house. It's actually large and the location is nice. I'll send to you the lot details later."

I noticed how professional Pam is and on how she really knows what details she can add to the plan in order for it to be aesthetically beautiful. She also showed me some of the projects she did in the past with her portfolio and it really amazed me.

We almost took an hour discussing Sir Mike's house with which I deeply incorporated how its foundations should be really strong. Since there is still no concrete floor plan and its perspective, we just decided to schedule a meeting after a week when Pam already renders one and presents it to Sir Mike for approval. Architect Pam left the firm afterwards.

"Busy?" A voice immediately broke the silence in the room as I heaved a heavy sigh. "Lots of project, I see." Joss threw me a smirk as he went towards the couch and sat.

"Yeah but it's fine. I visited the sites earlier and the structural plans are strictly followed, thanks to the foremans." I beamed a weak smile towards him which a surge of tiredness quickly struck my body as I leaned my back on the chair I'm currently sitting on.

"You also have a new project right?" Joss stood up and went behind me as he massaged my shoulders and temples. It feels soothing and relaxing at the same time which lulled me and made me drowsy.

"A residential house." I shortly said while letting myself feel at ease. "But you know that I really love being part of building other people's dreams right? I hope that house will turn out to be beautiful." I softly said and he chuckled.

"I know, Metawin and it will. But when will you build your dream house too? You've always wanted to have one."

"Someday but not now." A smile curved into my lips which I knew was crooked. I don't even know why I'm not considering that thought as of the moment. My mom is also excited about it but I just don't think this is not the right timing yet.

"Why? You don't want to settle down yet?" He grinned with which I frowned in response. Is it?

"Nonsense Joss." I scoffed and he laughed. It's already 8 in the evening and since work from the soil laboratory where Joss supervises is all done, we decided to call it a day. I realized that we are only the ones left here as we now come downstairs.