Time To Say Goodbye

Opening his heavy front door and stepping into his apartment, Shawn was immediately aware that he was not alone.

Dropping his car keys onto the small, black iron table in the hallway he called out Justin's name.

...Silence.

Frowning and pushing open the dark wooden door to his front lounge, he barely had time to register Haileys presence before the ambush began.

"Were you with her?!" she crossed the room in a few long strides and her face was suddenly inches from Shawns, her ragged breath hitting his face as she yelled "well?!! "

Bracing himself for Haileys onslaught, Shawn regretted that he hadn't had more time to prepare for this. He hadn't had that alone time he'd promised Niall he would have before he attempted this conversation. He hadn't done the soul searching that he needed to do before attempting his explanation.

More importantly... he hadn't spoken to Camila

Instead Hailey had blind sided him. She'd hidden in the one place that should have been his safe house and she had launched her attack when he was completely unaware and completely unprepared.

Walking past the gorgeous blond, Shawn headed towards the window and attempted to put some distance between them, but as he turned around he found his girlfriend upon him again, her icy blue eye boring into him

"I asked you a question" She seethed "and don't lie to me, DON'T YOU DARE LIE TO ME!"

Pulling air into his chest Shawn ran a hand over his chin and then answered in a firm, definite voice

"I wasn't with her"

"You're a liar!!!"

Shaking his head sadly he replied

" I might have done a lot of things but I've never lied to you"

Her face was uncomfortably close now and Shawn was backed up against the window sill, having failed in his efforts to find some space"

Pressing his lips together and tilting his head to one side he looked intently into Haileys face

"I wasn't with Mila"

"Don't you dare say her name like that, in fact, I don't ever want to hear her name again, do you understand me??? "

Turning away from him quickly Hailey paced to the couch where she remained, never sitting and never turning back to face him. When he gently spoke her name it seemed to break her free from her spell and she spun around, her blond pony tail whizzing around behind her.

"I can't believe that after everything we said yesterday you would go to her... do you know many times I called you, do you know how many times I came over here, were you with her then, with her when I was sick with worry?"

"I told you I wasn't with her" Shawns voice was calm, but he was quickly growing impatient with his girlfriends accusations "Why wont you believe that?"

"Okay, so where were you?" her hands crossed violently over her chest. She'd obviously been here, in his apartment, building herself into a rage for sometime, the empty coffee cup sitting on the table in his adjoining dinning room was proof of that