Truth (Part 1)

Narrowing his eyes Shawn scanned the sea of people before him.

Where was she?!

Looking down at his watch he noted that they had been in 'The Rum Barrel' -a club owned by Justins uncle Sylvester for just over 45 minutes and for about 44 of them he had been ready to leave because today had been torturous beyond all imagination.

As the 'Birthday Boy' Brian had been in charge of picking the activities and Shawn was 100 percent sure he'd picked them all with one thing in mind- strange and unusual ways to torture Shawn Mendes!

Activity number 1: A morning at the beach.

It had sounded harmless enough, so much so that Shawn had felt confident whilst pulling his back pack and towel from the passenger seat of his car that the beach would be big enough for him, Camila and Niall, but when Camila had turned up wearing a tiny white bikini, Shawn had been sure that the entire world wasn't big enough for all three of them. Every time Niall had gone near the petite Cuban girl Shawn had found himself having to use every ounce of restraint he possessed not to walk over and punch him in the face.

Luckily he had been able to keep control of himself but one thing had been glaringly clear- Camila Cabello didn't need to accost him in the mens room or cause a confrontation over work out space to get a reaction from him- he had spent the morning ignoring the longings of his entire body as proof to that, and he had lost count the number of times Hailey had caught him hungrily eyeing his ex-girlfriend.

His chest tightened a little as he remembered the look of hurt and inadequacy that had tinged Haileys face.

Now, glancing sideways at his current girlfriend Shawn wondered what on earth this situation had done to her.

Ever since Camila had been back Haileys face had slowly been disappearing under thick layers of makeup, and her skirts had been getting shorter as her tops became lower. He knew what she was doing- she was selling herself out in an attempt to keep his attention and he felt awful as the realisation hit him that no matter what she did, his attention would always be somewhere else.

A sense of shame swept through him just as Hailey noticed that he was watching her and she flashed him what he assumed to be a seductive smile. The one he sent back was more of a silent apology than a seduction but it seemed to please her just the same because she squeezed his thigh, satisfied that his attention was on her before returning to her conversation with Kendell.

Activity number 2: A picnic in the park.

Again it sounded harmless, how much trouble could Shawn get himself into in the park?! …but when he turned up and realised the spot that Brian had chosen was the exact picnic bench that he and Camila had shared whilst on many of their early dates his silence throughout lunch had been less about brooding for once and more about reminiscing.

He skipped joyfully along memory lane for most of their two hour lunch. Remembering how again, he had been late and again Camila had forgiven him immediately. She had looked stunning that day, so much so that he had told her at least 3 times, not because he had forgotten he'd said it- as she had teased him later, but because he was desperate for her not to forget that he thought it. Camila had made a picnic lunch and it had amused him no end when she had used slices of fruit to spell out their initials and encased them in a heart

His own heart ached for those days as he had looked across at Camila and found himself wishing that everyone else would dissappear. When she'd curled her lips into a beautiful smile upon noticing him staring he remembered the sweet, innocent kisses they had shared that day and he'd dropped his head in embarrassment as he realised that if he was to kiss her now, there would be nothing innocent about it.