I Just Can't Walk Away

Sitting inside his 1970 Ford Mustang, Shawn stared at the white stone building before him and wondered if too much damage had been done to even consider this.

His mind had been a mass of confusion ever since his conversation with Hailey yesterday, so much so that he had spent the past 24 hours in his apartment, ignoring the phone and the incessant knocking on his front door.

Justin had understood that he needed time to himself so had stayed at Brians parents house last night and in his typical style he had offered Shawn his unconditional support without needing to know the details.

Hailey on the other hand had left over twenty messages on his voicemail, and each one was louder and more furious than the last, he was sure that she'd been the one who had been knocking at his door but he hadn't been in any mood to talk, not to her- not to anyone.

The darkness of his apartment had brought a silence and solitude that his soul had been crying out for. It gave him space to breathe and time to think.

He'd found himself looking through old photos, reliving the past… his past. No matter what had happened nobody could take away from him the things that had already happened, the feelings he had already felt. Sure they could make him question whether they'd been real or not but in his heart he knew… he had always known.

The clouds that had descended over the past year or so may have obscured his view of things but in the darkness of his apartment yesterday, everything had become crystal clear.

Camila had loved him and he had loved her, their relationship had been real, no matter what happend from now on he had that truth to cling to.

That's why he was here, sitting outside this house, debating with himself whether to step out of the car and face the consequences of his actions or whether to turn the key and just move on.

The passenger door of the car opening and the familiar dipping sensation as someone else's weight descended on it took the decision from Shawns hands and caused his fingers to tighten around the steering wheel, this could go one of two ways… he was about to find out which.

Sitting in silence the two men stared straight ahead, neither acknowledging the others presence until finally Shawn spoke

"You know, I could have you arrested for breaking and entering"

"Yeah well, if you don't want to be arrested along side me for stalking I suggest you drive on and say nothing"

A half smile pulled at Shawns lips as he turned the key and pulled out into the road

"So… I like the slightly quiffy disguise man but it didn't fool me for a second. What happened, did you get into a fight with a razor?"

"I got into a fight and then found a razor"

Shawn glanced at Niall out of the corner of his eye and realised that maybe this situation was retrievable. He was smiling and they were talking easily like they always had, he wasn't naïve enough to think that they could pretend that it had never happened but maybe they would have a chance to make sure that it never happened again.

"We aren't going to fight again today are we because I warn you man, theses jeans are tight"

Smiling at the lack of serious conversation, Shawn replied