Mila And Shawn Live Happily Ever After

Camila couldn't remember the last time she had allowed herself the luxury of a 'Mila and Shawn live happily ever after' fantasy but she'd just indulged and it felt great!

Generally, when those eyes, colored like dark honey with the longest, lushest lashes invaded her thoughts she fought as hard as she could to ignore them because she'd long ago learnt the anguish she could cause herself by succumbing to 'Thoughts Of Shawn'. Today though, she hadn't been able to stop herself and as the water from the shower cascaded over her tiny body a warmth grew in her heart and at the same time a smile caressed her full, pink lips.

Nialls words from yesterday still reverberated throughout her soul.

Shawn had been jealous, because of her. Not Hailey, not anyone else but he has been jealous enough to want to fight his best friend and it had been all because of her.

The thought of him still giving a damn elated her as another smile tugged at her mouth.

But he'd been jealous for some ridiculous 'Guy reason'. Some how he'd convinced himself that she- his ex-girlfriend had been dating Niall- his best friend and therefore some ancient 'Guy Code' had been violated causing him to erupt in a way never seen before

Mila couldn't help but feel that maybe all of this meant Shawn had never really known her or Niall at all!

How could he think so little of them?! … After everything they'd been through together, It was all starting to really, really annoy her!

Yes, she'd betrayed Shawns trust, she had hurt him and she had no doubt that she'd probably made him feel as though he'd never really known her or the truth of her heart. Niall though had never given Shawn even the hint of a reason to doubt the integrity of their friendship.

What on earth had been going through his stupid, brain?!

Stuck somewhere between elation, anger and a hot shower, Camila raised her face to the flow, and whilst wiping the water from her eyes she found herself humming gently to herself and whilst applying shampoo, the humming gradually formed words

"Sophia! Sophia! …I'm burning! I'm burning!"

Camilas beautifully melodic voice sounded haunting as it came back at her from the hard surfaces of the bathroom. Each word dripped with the agony she had brought upon herself.

"It's a fire, a fire, I can not put out! Sophia, Sophia, I'm learning there's some things I can't go without… and one of them is him!"

Tears stung at her eyes as Shawns smile stung at her mind.

'If only this water could wash away my past and cleanse my soul!"

She would give anything for the water to run over her, strip her bare and then rebuild her. If only she could step out of this shower a brand new woman… Shawn Mendes wouldn't know what had hit him, and the way Camila was feeling tonight that could be literally!

Unfortunately for her, she had a feeling that nothing could cleanse a soul that felt as murky as hers did these days, and could you really rebuild anything worth keeping when the foundations were crumbling more with each passing day?

Talking to Niall yesterday, and the news that he and his best friend were no longer on speaking terms had only added to Camilas feelings of guilt.