Confrontation Day (Part 2)

Running across the sand in heels was a harder job than Camila had imagined and although she had called out Shawns name a few times he seemed dead set on ignoring her very existance.

"Shawn! Oh come on Shawn wait up!Shawn this isn't a fair chase, I'm wearing heels!! "

But still he marched on ahead, apparently determined to avoid her and anything she had to say at all costs.

Stopping and picking up a handful of dark, wet sand, Camila summoned up all of her strength before launching it in Shawns direction. The wet slap of it hitting him between the shoulder blades and then sliding downwards until it hit the curve of his lower back and returned to its golden home caused Camila to smile in satisfaction… until Shawn spun to face her, his face as dark as she had ever seen it.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?" he yelled whilst attempting to look over his shoulder at Camilas handy work

"I was trying to get your attention"

"Yeah, well I'm trying to ignore you so accept defeat, turn around and just leave me the hell alone"

Shawn turned to leave but Camila quickly grabbed hold of his arm

"Shawn, I'm really sorry!"

"What the hell did I ever do to make you think so little of me?"

Shawns face was pink with anger and Camila knew that she had messed up by jumping to conclusions, but they had entered into a slow dance with the truth in his bedroom and no matter how hard she had to fight him, she wasn't just going to walk away from it this time

"Well you haven't exactly been nice to me since I got back here" her words were tentatively spoken, she didn't want to provoke him any further, she couldn't risk that he would walk away again but the evidence of Shawn's remaining anger was written all over his face as he finally responded

"You haven't exactly done anything to deserve for me to be"

"I'm sorry I jumped to conclusions but when I woke up and you were gone I guess I freaked out" Camila was trying to appease him with the truth. Hopefully if he could see how sorry she was for mistrusting him they could move past this mornings set back and move on in their attempt to heal the past. "I thought everything that we had been through last night was for nothing.

Shawn had apparently already forgotten about this morning and moved on to one year earlier

"Like giving three years of your life to someone just to find out it had all been for nothing?"

Camila was shaking her head as she said "It wasn't for nothing, you have to believe that"

"How can I believe a word you say? You couldn't even call me and talk to me about what was going wrong"

The heat had now gone from his voice but the hurt that it held onto hit Camila in the face like a bucket of cold water.

Strengthening her resolve to be one hundred percent honest, Camila closed her eyes as she said

"I knew if I spoke to you that I would change my mind"

"And would that have been such a bad thing?"