Confrontation Day (Part 1)

Pacing back and forth across the width of her hotel room, Camila didn't know whether to laugh, cry or commit murder!

Last night had been so sureal and unexpected that she had woken up this morning and half expected to find out that it had all been a dream.

After easing herself up on her less then comfortable resting place Camilas eyes had blearily scanned the room for signs that she was not alone. It was an attempt to reassure herself that the nightmares that had caused her to doubt her own reality had not begun to effect her sanity.

The empty bed had done nothing to ease her worries.

Pushing herself to her feet Camila had called out Shawns name, but the early morning stillness remained eerily silent.

Marching into the bathroom, she had found the one and only sign that last night hadn't been a figment of her imagination- the toilet seat was up!

Pacing across the royal blue carpet with a dizzying cream pattern Camila stared out of the small window that over looked the lake, and struggled to work out what to do for the best.

Part of her wanted to hunt Shawn Mendes down and scream abuse at him until her throat bled. How dare he just turn up the way he had last night only to leave this morning without uttering one word of thanks, and what about the conversation they were going to have?!

The other, more fragile part of Camila felt so dejected and humiliated that it just wanted her to pack her bags and run as far away from Shawn as she could, and hopefully she would find the strength to stay there this time.

How could she have been so foolish as to treat her own feelings as though they didn't matter just to soothe the ego of a drunk man?!

She had sung him her soul whilst gently stroking his face in an attempt to make up for past mistakes and when he'd looked into her eyes whilst her melodic voice had filled the empty spaces between them she'd felt so sure that he knew her words were meant for him and only him, and yet here he was…gone, and she was left with this cold, empty feeling that there would not be a final resolution to this horrible mess.

The darkness that clung to Camilas heart brought with it a mist of hopelessness, one she was sure she'd walk with for as long as she and Shawn were apart but this time she was surprised to find that her eyes remained dry.

One thing was clear in Camilas mind though, and it was that she had absolutely no intention of packing her bags and running this time because this time she was ready for the fight- whether Shawn was or not, she didn't care. He'd pushed her too far and now he was going to get the truth he had been hiding from and Camila wasn't in the mood to do it a gentle way.

Dropping heavily onto the bed, she reached for her mobile phone and scrolled through the list of contacts until she found her target. Hitting the 'Call' button she waited patiently until the sleepy voice of Justin whined her name down the line

"Sorry it's so early" She heard him stifle a yawn and then in true Justin style he replied

"Just buy me breakfast sometime- feeding me is the best way of making it up to me"

After promising that she would, Camila got straight to the point

"Is Shawn home?"