▪5▪

[𝐃𝐅𝐋]
[ᴇᴅɪᴛᴇᴅ]

"Park Chaeyoung!" that was the first thing I heard since I started cooking dinner after I woke up.

After the incident, they all drove me home then treat the wound on my elbow. After that, they all leaved me to rest. And that's the thing I did for the past 4 hours.

"We need to talk!" I heard him shout not far away from me. I rolled my eyes but didn't bother answering him I kept slicing the ingredients, showing him I don't give a fuck.

A few moments after, I felt a harsh pull on my arms, forcing me to turn around. And for the second time this day, I saw those anger in his eyes that made me tremble under his gaze.

But I don't want to be weak. I want to show him who is he messing with.

"You need to give me a proper explanation. And if it doesn't seem acceptable then—"
"Ask your gold-digger girlfriend! Ask her who started it first, hmm?" I returned the fiery gaze he shows me.

"I don't care who started it first—"
"Isn't it obvious?! Your slutty girlfriend did it—"
"Don't cut me off when I'm talking!"

I let out a humorless chuckle as I put my hand on my waist while the other is on my forehead, not believing what is actually happening right now.

He frowned on what I did, obviously didn't want my move.

"You're actually defending that gold-digger?" I asked him in disbelief. His eyes went darker and his jaw tensed, same with his hands.

"Call her that one more time and you'll see what I'll do." He asked with audacity, staring to me as if he could kill me anytime. But I'm not buying it. Hell would freeze until I'll surrender.

I won't step back because I know I'm right.

I bravely took a step closer to him.
"She started it. I don't wanna dirty my hands but she's forcing me too. I had no choice."

He squinted his eyes at me, probably thinking I'm lying.
"You won't believe me? No problem. I don't care. I don't even know why am I explaining."

I gave him a deadly, bumping his shoulders as I passed him. I went straightly to the stairs but before I could climb it, my body just turned around, my eyes catching his body.

I saw him just standing there like a statue, not moving an inch. His hands were formed in a fist and I could see his jaw clench.

I rolled my eyes in irritate as I continued climbing the stairs. When I reached my bedroom, I instantly jumped lazily and buried my body inside my blanket.

Is it that hard to believe me?

That was question inside my head before I felt my lids got heavy as I slowly drifted to sleep

[𝐃𝐅𝐋]

"Chaeyoung, enlighten us please." Jisoo said to me, sipping unto her coffee cup while giving me a questioning look.

I sighed. I suddenly lost my appetite so I put down the fork I am holding.

"I don't know. It was just so fast and then boom! It already happened." I sighed again. I looked at them but got confused of their weird stares.

"That is not an explanation, Park Chaeyoung. You have to tell us every single detail so we could judge it properly!" Jennie suddenly blurted out as they all nodded, except for Lisa.

She was silent since earlier. It seems like she has deep thought. It makes me even more guilty.

I sighed before taking back my attention to Jisoo and Jennie who seem very interested to my story.

I told them every detail I remember. From how we fought, to how Jimin took Seulgi's side, and how Jimin and I fought that night. I told them with a heavy heart.

After everything I said, all I heard was a sigh. Jennie looked at me.
"You husband is a real bitch. That thick-faced jerk." She glared in the air, probably thinking if Jimin.

"Look, Chaeng, you can do something for this. If your marriage will work, your teamwork will too. It's good for your heart, and for your company." Jisoo said with much sincerity.

Jennie nodded too.
"And nobody's gonna judge you again."

All I could do was to sigh again. I felt Lisa stare at me that made me look back at her. Her eyes were saying something. And I do know what it means.

I looked at my lap.
"What can I do if I'm always at the second list, maybe even at the very bottom. If he has time, he spends time with me. If he has time, he'll fetch me from work. What if he has no time anymore? How about me?"

I felt the ache in my heart again, nearly making me cry. I hate him even more. How can he make me cry without doing anything? Loving him surely is a stupid idea. But my heart just won't listen to me.

"What will happen if you try? And what will happen if you'll give up? Now that he's seeing you better than last time. Not some king of statue he used to see you, but his wife." Jisoo explained again.

"I know, it's complicated! I just can't okay?" I frustratedly yelled.
"It hurts me how he looked at her like she's the most important thing on Earth, that nothing matters if it's her. It hurts me that he loves her and I can't do anything cause every time I tell him, he'll insist that it's her and I'm just me."

I saw the sadness in their eyes as they looked at me. The pity, the comfort and the frustration. I can read those from their eyes.

They must've sensed the tension again. Jisoo tried to break the topic and Jennie tried to cheer everyone again.

I had fun, happy that I have friends like them. Understanding and very patient. You can't find those nowadays.

We had to separate ways to go home. I saw Lisa bidding goodbye to them so I took the chance to talk to her.

"Hey, Lis." I called her. She turned around ad I saw the surprise in her eyes when she saw me.

"H-Hey, umm, I just want to say I'm sorry." Her gaze turned soft.
"I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings yesterday. I was hurt and all so I said those stupid things. But believe me, I don't mean ahy word from those. I-, I'm really sorry."

I looked down, looked at the texture of the road instead. I kept playing on my fingers as I waited for her reply.

I knew it, she won't ever forgive—
"It's alright. I forgave you already. And besides I knew you were kidding." My ears rang when I heard her relpy.

I looked up to see her, and shocked when she was grinning from ear to ear.

"W-What? I—"
"It's just my move to make you guilty." She smiled sheepishly and chuckled.

My eyes lit up and I immediately ran towards her to engulf her in a hug.
"Thank you." I heard her chuckle and hugged me back.

"Such a dramatic ass, stop it." We both laughed but then she hugged me even tighter.

"I told you, you're my sister in heart. I can't resist you even if I try." She said and I smiled.