Chapter Fifty-Nine - Two Big Egos Don't Mix Well

I needed to talk to Warren.

I have a strong feeling he knows something I don't. It makes sense if you think about it, he's the most if not the only person who is extremely vocal about his lack of trust towards Remington. He's even gotten to the point where he will make this known to everyone including Remington himself. Now I feel like he's had a good reason for that.

The only issue was we were all taking a break from walking because of me. I can't just pull Warren aside now because I need to sit down for as long as I possibly can, and I can't just pull Warren aside while we're walking that may look suspicious. Well, maybe I can make an excuse saying I need to talk to him about my leg. Yeah. Oh wait maybe Corban might listen too. I can always shoo him away though. Yeah I'll pull Warren aside when we start walking again and we can talk in the back of the group.

"We should probably get going soon." Warren announced as he stood up and stretched his back.

"Oh c'mon we just sat down." Remington groaned.

"We only sat down because Elias is still sore, unless Elias's leg is still hurting him-"

"Elias say your leg still hurts." Remington ordered as he cut off Warren.

"Remington!" Warren snapped, "Elias don't listen to him, unless you still feel like you need some more time."

"No I'm o—"

"Elias," Remington called as he shook his head back and forth cutting me off as I tried to speak up.

"Will you stop it? Seriously if you want to sit and lay down this badly I'd be happy to leave you behind." Warren scolded.

"Oh you're gonna leave me behind." Remington said as he sat up defensively, "Right because you're in charge—. Oh wait I'm sorry you think you're in charge. Sorry to break it to you buddy but just because you think you're the most special out of all of us doesn't mean you're automatically in charge."

"First of all, when have I ever said I think I'm 'more special' this isn't the third grade Remington—"

"OH BS WARREN! Sure you've never say it but boy you sure as hell act like it!"

"How Remington? By stepping up and being a good leader make you believe I have some notion in my head that I see myself above everyone else? Because you did something poorly and I did it correctly it must be because I think I'm better than you. Do you understand how stupid that sounds? It means you just didn't do it right." Warren argued.

"SEE! This is what I'm talking about! You all heard that right? He just said he thinks he does a better job at being a leader than me." Remington exclaimed as he looked at us for backup.

"Don't rope us into this." Blake muttered under her breath.

"Sorry Remington let me rephrase this for you so your moronic brain can understand. If anyone else stepped up and started acting like a leader they would already be doing a better job than you. This isn't me having a big ego seeing myself above everyone, this is simply you being stupid and irresponsible."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, I am not stupid or irresponsible." Remington retorted as he stood up to get on Warren's level.

"Really?"

"Yeah really."

"Remington the fact I am even having this argument with you is idiotic and childlike."

"Oh so now I'm 'childlike'." Remington said rolling his eyes.

"Yes! Yes you are! Everything you do you do without any consideration for others, your future, your money, even your health. You have no self discipline, you think the world revolves around you twenty-four seven. My six year old has a better concept at sharing and being nice to others than you, and you're what around six times her age?"