Chapter Nine - A Horrible Motto

After twenty minutes of walking we finally come across a small town. We all lay low in the shadowed section of a hill as we all decided on which house we want to raid. We pick a small house on the edge of town. It doesn't look like more than two people could live there so we slowly sneak up to the house.
Climbing over a small wooden fence that surrounds the town Remington leads us with his gun in had and the black cloth around his neck over his nose and mouth so he wasn't recognizable. We walk quietly along the dirt road up to the small house where we all gather on the side of the house. Reece looks up threw the window and stares for a couple of moments before crouching back down.
"It's just one woman, she's all I could see," Reece whispered.
"What's she doing?" Corban asked on a hushed voice.
"Sleeping,"
"Alright so maybe if we stay quiet enough we can-- Wait no! No! Remington get back here I wasn't finished talking!" Corban whisper yells as we watch Remington stand up and walk up to the front door.
"Remington," I mutter as we all walk over to see what he's doing, "Don't do anything stupid..."
"Shut up," He grumbled as he began fiddling with the door knob. After failing to open it due to it being locked he grabbed a small pin from his back pocket and stuck it in the knob. He jostled it around until there was a click and the door opened.
I watch as Remington quietly steps into the house and gets his gun ready. We all quietly follow him and step into the dark house. It's pretty shitty. This person obviously doesn't have a lot of money. But who am I to judge? I live in a tent.
Remington leads the way down a hallway going past a messy kitchen. At the end of the hallway there's a door that most likely leads to a bedroom. Remington presses against the door as we all follow him. He quietly opens it and we all glance into the room where the sleeping woman is.
"I-I think we should leave," Corban whispers nervously, "This doesn't feel right."
"Shh!" Reece shushes loudly.
"Shhh!" I shush.
"Shh!"
"Shh!"
Remington elbows me in the ribs and hits Reece on the shoulder as he scowls at us, "Let's tie her up while she's still sleeping," he orders.
"Alright well then who has a rope?" I whisper.
We all go silent.
Corban smacks his forehead, "You're all idiots,"
"Maybe this lady has a rope somewhere around here," Reece whispers as she backs up. She turns around quickly and then trips over a large vase and lands with a loud thud as the vase breaks into several pieces.
"Reece!" Me, Remington, and Corban whisper yell in unison.
Suddenly we hear a scream.
"WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY HOUSE!" The woman screams as she shoots up from bed. I watch as she gets up and grabs a knife from her dresser, "You have ten seconds to get out of my house before I start stabbing you,"
Corban runs down the hallway and over to the front door. He opens it and runs out. Reece slowly stands up from the ground pulling out her knife and looks to me for help while I stand there not knowing what to do. Remington stares at the woman with a nonchalant look and simply waves his gun in the air.
"I wouldn't do that if I were you sweetheart," He teases.
"You're bluffing! I bet t-that gun isn't even loaded! Now get out of my house before--"
Remington shoots at the ceiling. A loud bang fills the room as a few small pieces of the ceiling fall to the round, "Huh, that's weird, cause the gun looks loaded to me,"
"...HELP! SOMEONE HELP! THERES INTRUD--"
Remington runs up to the woman and pushes her down on the bed as he covers her mouth with his free hand.
"REMINGTON!" I yell as I run over there. Watching as the woman takes the knife and drives it into Remington's shoulder causing him to let out a scream of pain. I reach out and grab the woman's wrist and forcefully pull the knife out of her grasp and out of Remington's shoulder and throw it to the ground.
"MMNNAHHHH! MNNHHHHHH!" The woman desperately screams as he voice is muffled by Remington's hand. He grips the handle of his gun and lifts it up, he quickly brings the gun down hitting the woman in the head. He does this two more times just as she goes limp and a small trickle of blood falls from her forehead and runs down the side of her face.
"REMINGTON! WHAT THE HELL!" I yell.
"She stabbed me!" Remington retorted as he pushes himself off of her, his hand immediately clasps into his injured shoulder as blood begins to seep out onto his clothes and trickling into the woman's bed sheets.
"She was protecting herself! You attacked her! And hitting her that hard was a little unnecessary!" I scold.
"You know my motto, when in doubt knock 'em out,"
"That's a horrible motto!"
"Jesus can you two stop! It looked like you were trying to rape the poor woman!" Reece says as she walks in.
"Look at what she did to my shoulder!" Remington says as he points to his bleeding arm, "God dammit now there's blood all over my favorite shirt. One of my only shirts."
"Oh so that's what your worried about," I grumble.
"Shut up, Elias, thanks to my quick thinking and strategizing I got us a place to sleep for tonight." Remington pauses as he turns over to face Reece. "Reece where's Corban?"
"I dunno," Reece shrugs, "He just sorta ran off,"
"Did he just leave us?!" I exclaim.
"You know what fine whatever, if that little bitch doesn't want to help sucks for him," Remington huffs as he walks over to the door, "I'm going to go find some bandages or somethin',"
"God we can't go three seconds without screwing up can we?" I bitterly mutter.
"Nope," Reece sighs.