It's Been A While

The recovery process for being shot in the chest as well as the surgery to fix that takes a while. This include physical recovery of the injuries which took months by themselves but also the mental recovery. The fears of returning to the hospital, Hanna's bipolar medication reacting with the pain relief medication, getting to and from therapy sessions while resting, PTSD triggors that were now more prominent in her mind.

Although these months where extremely difficult for Dr. O'Reily, one good thing to come from all of it was Jackson. This time he didn't run away but stood by her and loved and supported her through everything. He was everything she needed and they were all the other wanted. This love they had for each other brings them to today.

The day of their wedding.

#########

"How are you feeling Avery?" Owen asked as Jackson stood in front of a mirror making sure that everything about his appearance was perfect.

"I'd be lying if I said fine," he admitted, "I'm terrified. I mean I'm excited and ecstatic and I can't wait but I have been hoping for this day... All my life. She has been one of my closest friends since we were kids, she slipped away from me so many times and now it's finally here. I just want it to be perfect."

"Man look at me," Alex told him, Turing Jackson away from the mirror, "you love her?"

"More than anything."

"She loves you."

"Yep."

"And you're both here and ready to pledge your lives to each other."

"I assume so I haven't actually seen her today," Jackson said his mind beginning to travel, "what if she's not here?"

"I've seen her, she's here," Alex told him firmly, shaking him a little, "she looks amazing. Everything is going as its supposed to which is a miracle around her cause it never does so don't jinx it."

"Right, everything is fine," Jackson said jumping a little on his feet, "she's perfect as always, everything's going well. I'm getting married again."

"For the last time," Alex said as he walked Jackson out of the room followed by Owen.

"For the last time," Jackson repeated as they made their way to the ceremony.

###########

He stood teary eyed as the love of his life came towards him down the aisle.

"Wow," he breathed for just her to hear when she reached him, "you look perfect, you are perfect."

She smiled at his words and went to speak to return the compliment but the priest began the ceremony just before she could.

#########

The wedding was beautiful and there were tears of joy all around. The reception was beautifully arranged with a canopy outdoors but it had started to rain.

"I'm so sorry," Jackson said to his wife, "Today was so close to perfect for you."

"Jack, all I needed for today to count as perfect was you, me and the big man," Hanna told him as she held onto his arm, "there was a day a while ago that was supposed to be perfect for me, I could feel it I was so sure. I was going to tell you that I loved you and I wanted to try again but instead I got shot. My curveball that day was bullets, my curveball today is rain. I think I won today but if the rain is putting a dampener on your mood... "

Jackson rolled his eyes at her joke as she began to laugh at herself.

"Ahaha, see what I did there?" she laughed as she lead him away from the edge of the canopy.

"I did, I did see that," he chuckled as the woman he felt so proud to call his wife smiled broadly up at him.

"Did it make up for the rain?" she joked again, his fingers hanging loosely linked with hers.

"You make up for the rain," he smiled as he got closer to her, "my life with you in it is gonna make up for the rain."

"I love you," Hanna O'Reily-Avery said quietly with a smile as her husband wrapped his arms around her.

"I love you too."

Hi readers I would like to thank each and every one of you for reading and finishing the story, it means a lot that you have put up with my inconsistencies in posting and I am incredibly grateful for your support. Thank you❤️❤️