Father of mine

There was an awkward silence as Henry Goldson sat across from his daughter. It had been his first visit and as usual he sat and silently judged all the while trying his hardest to be sympathetic.

"Has - um - Jackson been to visit you?" He asked as he fiddled with his hands.

"No," Hanna told him uncomfortably, "no, he hasn't."

"Why not?" He asked clearly annoyed, "if he's gonna marry you he has to got through you unattractive times as well."

"I know Dad," she sighed, giving up as she didn't really have the energy to fight him today.

"You know I look at the visitors log as I came in," he said standing up to grab a book from the table, "and Leah Murphy has visited you more times that anyone else."

"She's a favourite resident of my," Hanan explained, "she keeps me updated on any patients I have left and what's going on in the hospital."

"But she's here everyday instead of working," he told her putting the book down, "she's a doctor, her main focus should be work, not you. Be careful with that girls heart."

"She's just a friend," she told him flippantly.

"Whatever you say hunny okay," Henry said putting his hands up in defense, "just don't play games okay."

"No games are being play," she said in a monotone as her father kissed her goodbye.