Chapter 28

"Naniji, I think you must have misunderstood her.", Khushi tried to reduce the tense atmosphere.

"No, Khushi bitiya, she faked it all. If you know what other things she did you will hate her too..."

"Enough Nani... Call Di... Where is she? Why are you blaming her like this?", Arnav was spitting fire.

Nani didn't respond and started crying again.

"Di... Di... where are you? Come out..."

Arnav went and searched her room but couldn't find her. He then, went to each room but to find to it empty.

After searching the entire house, he came and stood before Nani.

"Where is DI? Why is she not at home?"

She is not at home Chottey. She left us all.'

Kya...', Arnav uttered loudly. He couldn't believe that his Di left him. But then, his mind mocked at him. Didn't he throw her out along with others? Then, Why is he feeling like this now?

Jerking out of his thoughts, he heard his Nani continue.

She left us all Chottey. You know why because I came to knowabout all those things she hid from us and she is ashamed to face you after you know it.'

What are you saying nani? Please tell us clearly. First of all stop crying, there might be some huge misunderstanding.' said Khushi; her arms around Nani.

She made her sit on the nearby couch. Nani looked at Arnav who gave her a nod indicating that he would like to hear further.

On Rakshabandhan, I found Anjali crying and talking in front of god. I thought she is sad about leaving you and behaving like that with Khushi bitiya so I went near her to console her. As the distance between got reducing, I could hear her talk clearly. What I heard made me stop in my tracks..', paused Nani going back in time.

Flashback:

"...Even when he was away for his studies, I send him my raki but this year, I am so near him yet so far. I know it is all my deeds. I Deserve this. I hurt Arnav a lot by ignoring Khushi and not accepting her. I am sorry for it. Even now I didn't tell him about Rahul and my past life with him. I just left my daughter with behind without even thinking a baby needs her mother. But what should I do? It was because of my ill-fate that my daughter is born deaf and dumb. If I am with her any more that, her life will be spoiled. And to just satisfy nani's wish I married Shyam as he knows about my past life. We never shared any relationship other than friends. And when people around me, started pointing that I am not able to become a mother, my heart was bleeding. I couldn't tell them I have a daughter whom I left for her good future. It became so painful to hear those people and seeing me sad, my family, Chottey and others are also sad. So, I decided to go for surrogacy. I don't want another child from my womb. I don't want his/her life to spoil.

I and Shyamji, went to a doctor. We did the procedure for it. Even Shyamji, surprisingly, wanted a sperm-donor. I thought he just considered me a friend and don't want to have any child with me. After few days, we got a sperm-donor as well as the surrogate mother. After the news, that the lady is pregnant. I started to act as pregnant as I don't want anybody to know that my child is a test-tube baby. And now, I don't want hide this truth to from Chottey and others anymore. They Deserve to know the truth. I never expected Shyam to betray me like that. I Don't want the baby, to be a fatherless child. I will ask Chottey to take care of the baby. Yes, Devi Maiyya. This will be good."

Flashback ends.

[CHECK CHAPTER 20 FOR THE FLASHBACK.]

I heard talk about her secret marriage and her leaving her daughter because she was born dumb and deaf. And then, divorce. Her life with shyam and everything... everything till now we thought was truth was all lie.

I was shattered Chottey. I couldn't talk with her. So, I just left from there. I decided to tell you and thought of calling you when next day, I found out a letter.

She left home to go back to her ex-husband and her daughter.I was angry but some part of my heart was selfish. She is still my grandchild. Let her have a good life at least from now... So, I didn't say anything to you but am ashamed of what she did Chottey. I couldn't muster up my courage and tell you this after what happened.

Am sorry Chottey. Please forgive me.' Nani joined her hands and was wailing loudly.

Arnav was shocked, betrayed. NO, this feeling is thousand times worse than what one feels as betrayal. He was cursing Khushi's Non-existing Devi maiya, for keeping him alive to listen all these things about his di.

And the worst part is he just discovered that his Di is Rahul's wife and Aki's mom. What did she think of herself? Ruining people's life around her and doesn't even care to tell him.

He feels his existence on his life has no purpose. If he wasn't so much into his studies and business, he would have looked after what is happening?

He trusted his Di, because she was elder and let her live her life. But he never questioned her when out-of-where she decided to marry shyam.

That scumbag created a lot of damages in his life, including his di's life. His blood boiled with the thought of them.

He felt unworthy of Rahul's friendship. All this time, it was his Di who cheated Rahul and he was blind enough to not know about it.

And then it stuck him. Rahul wanted to leave RM only because he thought Anjali was my sister and she will be back after the tour which helied to Rahul. He didn't tell Rahul about what happened at RM, his family's behavior with khushi, his decision of sending his family out. He don't want to worry Rahul as he is just out of death bed.

It now made sense why Rahul didn't want to tell his wife's name. It was because she is Arnav's sister.

His heart filled with remorse when he heard what Khushi Said.

Nani, please don't cry... You said she went to her husband right? I hope he accepts her. You will see, soon, she will be with her family.'

Khushi didn't realize that Anjali's husband Rahul is her bhai Raki. So, Arnav decided to not let her know about it now, and do not tension her.

His Di is going to meet Rahul. That was what Nani said right. No, I won't let her meet them and come back into Raki's and Aki's lives again. Even if she meets, I will make sure, she doesn't harm them.

I won't allow any harm to them even if that harm is his Di.

&&&&

Thanks for reading