Chapter 27

One month later.

"Arnavji, come soon... We have to go and bring them here."

"What The Khushi!!! You didn't allow me to get ready and nowyou are asking me to hurry up."

"Aww... What do you mean I didn't allow you to get ready?You got up late and what should I do for that?"

"Ok meri maa... don't talk and waste my time here. I will goand get ready."

"What do you mean? Am I wasting your time with talks? You laadgovernor... suniye... huh... what a person? He left while am talking. Khushi kibaachi, remember when he comes to talk to you, you should be angry."

*****

"Ab chalo..."

"..."

"Khushi mein tum se baat kar raha hoon..."

"Yes I know you are talking with me... Come on lets leave...",said Khushi still angry with their previous convo.

Looking at her retreating figure, Arnav thought, "ab issemanani padega..."

In car:

"Khushi am sorry dear. I won't walk away from you like that.Sorry..."

Seeing him apologizing so cutely, she forgot her fake anger.

"It's Ok arnavji... Don't do like this anymore."

"Done my dear sweetheart."

*****

After 15 minutes, they reached their destination. Arnav gazedthe dwelling. His forehead creased with worry lines which Khushi noticed andheld his hand.

"Arnavji... don't worry all will be ok... Devi Maiyya iswith us."

He took his hand that Khushi held and gave a smooch on hersilky white hand. He smiled at Khushi knowing well she is with him for whatevermay happen next.

************

Looking at the pale figure before him, his heart went out toher. Did he really do that to her? It was no fault of his too. She earned it.

"Chotte..." He heard a whisper.

"Nani..." He couldn't stop himself from embracing her. Tearsmade their way from both of their eyes. After what seemed a long time, Arnavbroke the hug.

"Come home Nani... Please am sorry... I shouldn't send youout at this age."

"No bitwa, don't apologise... it was my mistake. If I actedlike your elder, then, I wouldn't have seen this day. I am sorry bitwa. Icouldn't take care of my home properly... In anger, I forgot about Khushibitiya. I was blind to her sufferings. I am sorry bitwa... Khushi bitiya,please forgive me."

Khushi couldn't take it anymore... looking at nani,apologising with her hands folded, made her feel sorry to this old lady.

*****

Khushi didn't talkwith Arnav regarding his family and he was happy that she might forgot them...but no, she didn't want talk about them and make his wounds even more deeper.So, after two weeks, she actually started this topic slowly when she thought hewas relaxed.

It took her almost two weeks in convincing atleast to bringNani and Anjali back home. Even though, he didn't accept for the entire Raizadafamily to be back, his rage condensed on his nani and his di.

And more over, his di is pregnant like Khushi. How can heleave like this? Khushi asked him once.

Finally, two days before, he decided to bring them back homemaking Khushi literally jump with ecstasy. That is where they are now.

****

Extension:

"Where is Di Nani? We haven't seen her from the time we came?", questioned while looking around to find his Di somewhere.

Hearing no reply, he looked at the old lady whose eyes moistened and falling freely.

Panicking that something wrong might happened, he moved forward to wipe her tears and questioned again.

"Nani what happened? why are you crying? where is Di? Why are you not replying? Please tell..."

"Ji, nani... what happen? Don't cry...",Khushi said worriedly.

By now, Nani silent tears transformed into wailing...

"Nani, please...", Arnav making her sit in the sofa nearby,"... You are worrying us. What happen? Where is Di?"

"Chotte, don't ask about her. She is not your Di or my granddaughter. I hate her."

"Why are you saying like that Naniji? What did Di do?", asked Khushi.

"Khushi bitiya, ask what she didn't do? We thought she is pregnant but in reality she faked her pregnancy. I hate her."

"What? What are you saying Nani? Di... Di won't do something like that..."

"You think am lying chotte... It's the truth. You are Di is liar and a big cheat.", said an angry Nani.

"Yes, my di won't do something like that. Why will she Nani? She was so happy with the pregnancy. How can her happiness be fake? I can't believe you."

"Chotte, even I thought like that. I was happy to have a grand daughter like Anjali bitiya but now I am ashamed because of her..."

"Naniji, I think you must have misunderstood her.", Khushi tried to reduced the tense atmosphere.

"No, Khushi bitiya, she faked it all. If you know what other things she did you will hate her too..."

"Enough Nani... Call Di... Where is she? Why are you blaming her like this?", Arnav was spitting fire.

Nani didn't respond and started crying again.

"Di... Di... where are you? Come out..."

Arnav went and searched her room but couldn't find her. He then, went to each room but to find to it empty.

After searching the entire house, he came and stood before Nani.

"Where is DI? Why is she not at home?"

****

Thanks for 107K+ Reads. 

Her Love is now available on Amazon Kindle. Interested can check the link from my profile