Chapter 13

IN ANJALI'S ROOM:
Anjali took aki and make her sit in the bed.
Shyam was out with his routine excuse.
She kept staring at aki for sometime and aki got bored by her staring.
So, aki tapped anjali's shoulder and in sign language asked what happened?
Anjali: nothing baby, by seeing you i remembered my daughter.
(guys, lol, everyone already know it that anjali is aki's mother. Do i need to say it again? And ya, anjali doesn't know aki is her daughter.)
Aki(in sign language): you have a baby, but i thought it is in your womb.
She said this touching her stomach.
But, anjali removed her hand from her stomach immediately.
She looked towards aki and said, "yes, i have one more daughter. But, she is not with me. ok, leave all that, what do you want to eat? Will eat chocolate ice cream?"
Aki nodded her excitedly.
Anjali went to kitchen and brought ice cream.
She sat there seeing aki.
She slowly started to think what happened few years back.
Flashback:
Rahul proposed anjali.
But she didn't accept it thinking that she is unlucky, and also handicap and so, she'll spoil his life.
Rahul cleared all her assumptions wrong with love.
With lots of efforts, rahul conviced anjali and they decided to marry.
Mama and mami knows that anjali loves rahul and they signed as witness in registar office for their marriage.
They thought, since arnav is now studying and if they inform him about her love, he'll leave everything come back.
They don't want that.
They didn't even inform nani as her health is not that good.
She stayed with rahul and mami handled nani with some excuse.
All was going good until one day when she gave birth to a beautiful baby girl.
But the fate destroyed their happiness by making the dumb and deaf.
Anjali, after going through alot in life, thought that it was her bad luck and she being a handicap is the reason for the child's inability.
And to add more fuel, shyam, who was rahul's friend, created more fear in her when she was alone and manipulated her in strongly believing her as the reason of the baby's in ability.
So, she wantedly fought with rahul and went away from their lives.
Then, shyam convinced her saying that rahul won't believe her if she stays single and made her agree to marry him.
So, after arnav came back, they got married.
She was suffering from inside all these days but showed a brave and happy front to others.
Flashback ends
(p.s. pls note that this flashback is from anjali's pov. I will show you guys shyam's pov later.)
She came back from her thoughts, when she aki tugged her sarre pallu.
She saw aki who is standing infront of her with her face and dress covered with ice scream.
She smilled at her and took aki in her lap and cleaned her and kissed her cheeks.
Anjali: aki baby, you are so naughty. Come, i will give you bath and change the dress.
Arshi's room:
After making sure khushi is sleeping peacefully, arnav went to poolside and called HP.
Hp came there and arnav saw him.
Arnav: HP, now tell me, what shyam did? I asked you to keep an eye on him right.
Yes, arnav asked HP to watch shyam's action as he is worker and can do it easily without getting doubted by anyone, before he went away.
HP: saab, shyam many times tried to meet khushiji alone. I already said this to you on phone when you called. He used to threaten her. But, before he does something to her me, or anyone, goes there and disturb them.
[do you remember when khushi asked what mistakes did shyam do?
Arnav answered her that she knows some. He was reffering to that shyam threatened her many times but she didn't tell him.]
Arnav: what else he did?
Hp: saab, i want to say one more thing. Actually, when you went away, dadiji treated khushi bhabhi very badly. She made her do all works and didn't allow her to eat and sleep properly.
One day she gave little bit rice with lots of red chilli powder to eat. I didn't know about it as i was sent to bring grocery. She ate it as she doesn't want stay hungry because of the baby.

Dadi didn't even give her water to drink. When i came back she was clutching her stomach and crying. I immediately took her to hospital, doctor's somehow saved both of the lives.
I tried telling you many times but khushi bhabhi stopped me.
dadi didn't allow her to be in this room and made her stay in stay in store room.
At night i used to goto her room and give her food. She usually didn't won't accept. But i lied to her that naniji and anjaliji sent her food even though they are angry they sent for the child. Then she accepts it.
Shyam use to threaten with this. He asked her to go back to him otherwise he will make dadi touture her more. He even said that dadi did all these by his saying.
After saying everything he looked up at arnav.
He saw him back to ASR mode but this time he is more angrier than ever and spitting fire.
Arnav looked at HP who is shivering under his gaze.
Hp: arnav bhaiya i am sorry that i didn't tell you before. But whenever i talk with you khushi bhabhi will be with me an listen to your voice on speker.
Arnav : thanks HP, for taking of her in abscence and for saving her.
Shock will be understatement to describe HP's state.
Here he was expecting arnav to shout at him or the worst to kill him, but arnav thanked him.
Coming out of his shock HP said.
Hp: arnav there is no need to thank me, you and your family helped me and my family in time of crisis. I will do whatever you want.
Saying this, he started going out when he heard arnav.
Arnav: hp just a minute, does any one in our house know about khushi's state?
HP: mamiji knows this but she also taunts her and she used be with dadi when dadi does all these things. But otherwise, no one knows. Khushiji never came infront of others in all these months. No one even cared about it. No one didn't even consider her to be a person in this house.
And after that, HP left.
Arnav stood their trying to take all the information HP gave.

Here, day and night, he worked for his family but no one even care whether his wife is alive or dead.
Not even his di cared.

He felt that everyone cheated him.
He stood their staring at the stars and apologising to his mom and her parents for failing in his duty.

Ok, two updates in a row. So, do tell me how is it?

Thank you each and everyone of you for reading, commenting and voting my story.

I have heard from one of you that this story is being plagiarised. If you find this story anywhere else, please let me know. I have posted this story on IF almost 2-4 years back but if you find someone posting it recently, let me know.

Thank you.