Chapter 26

After the big fat wedding like dinner, they all settled downin sofa.

Khushi looked at Arnav and gestured something showing Rahul.Arnav understood and blinked his eyes in response.

"Waise, Raki... I was thinking of asking you this but couldn'tdue to the situations we were at.", said Arnav.

"What is it Arnie? You know you can ask me anything.",replied Rahul who was expecting what was coming next but decided to face thesituation.

Taking a deep breath, "Why did you leave me and go?"

Rahul knows the time has arrived. So, he decided to answerArnav. After all, how many days can he stop the truth from erupting out.

"I... I was in love Arnie. After you left, I met a girl.After few meetings, I realised I was in love with her. I proposed her knowingfully she has some feelings for me. Yes, she had feelings for me but then, sherejected my proposal. After some days, I came to know, she was feeling she didn'tdeserve my love as she limps.

What is my love if I leave her only because she has someproblem physically? I didn't leave her. I followed her and tried convincingher. At last, she accepted my love, but said, I have to marry her immediately.When I asked her why, she said about her broken marriage. I understood herinsecurities but didn't agree. I tried convincing her to let me talk with herfamily but she didn't accept. At last, because of my stubbornness, she toldthis to her mama and mami. And we married in their presence. I was on heavenwith sharing my life with her.

I tried telling you about my marriage but she wanted to tell you in person when you come here. She didn't know you but yet she adores our friendship.

After some months, we came to know she was pregnant. She washappy but she was afraid too. What if her unluckiness causes some problem toher child? She considers herself unlucky because she lost her parents on hermarriage day which was broken. And that was the reason, she rejected my lovefirst. With my love, I tried making her understand she is not at all unlucky.

Eventually, she gave birth to our baby Aki. But then, shehad this feeling somewhere in the back of her mind, which she hid well from me.

When we came to know Aki is dumb and deaf, this time herinsecurities took worst out of her and she decided to leave us and go. Shefeels Aki is born dumb and deaf because of her bad luck. I tried convincing butthis time I couldn't change her decision.

She left me and I received a divorce notice. She was firm onher decision. I couldn't do anything.

Even after our divorce, I tried meeting her and convincingher but no use. Even sometimes, her mama and mami warned me to not meet her.

One day, I was waiting to talk with her in the mandir. I wasshocked to see her with my friend. I was shocked to see them talking aboutme.  I decided to confront them. Before,I reach she left the place. So, I confronted my friend who said he was in lovewith her and she wants to free from our relation, so, my friend filled her mindwith insecurities. He tried changing her from the time I married her.

But he was not successful. With Aki's birth, his plan becamesuccess. He separated us. I fought with him but he hired some people andattacked me there. That was when, Khushi saw me.

After some days, Iheard that her brother who went for higher studies is back and she marriedsomeone else and shifted to delhi.

I decided to forget her. One day, when I was travelling, somepeople attacked me. They said that they are my friend's men who wanted to killme and take Aki away from me to my ex-wife. I didn't accept this. I triedfighting them, but a goon from behind hit me hard with the rod and another piercedknife in my stomach. They took Aki away from me... Now, all I know is I was incomma and you guys found me."

"How dare they? They cheated you and tried to kill you both.Raki, tell me who are they? Tell me there names Rahul..." Arnav seethed inanger.

"Arnav let bygones be bygones. I am trying to forget her.So, please leave it."

"How can I Rahul? I won't leave her..."

"Please Arnav leave it... Please... I don't want her in mypresent life. Let me live my life."

Taking few deep breathes, Arnav was able to control himselfand mentally swore himself that he will find whoever they are.

*******************************

Next Part will be posted soon.
Mean while, the story Her Love, is now available on Amazon Kindle and is free on June 21, 2020. If you are interested, please read it.