Chapter 6

Arnav came out of his thoughts when he heard the knock.
He opened the door to find HP.
HP: bhaiya, I bought dinner for you and the kid.
Arnav: keep it inside.
He keeps it inside. The girl is sleeping on the bed.
When HP was going, Arnav calls him.
Arnav: HP where are everyone ?
HP: bhaiya, the pooja is over and everyone are coming down for dinner.
Arnav: Then take my dinner, i will join everyone down.
HP: ji, bhaiya.
He was about to go when Arnav stops him again.
Arnav: Hp, where is Khushi? Why is she not here yet?
HP:bhaiya, wo bhabhi, she is in her room.
Arnav: what do you mean by her room? This is her room. Where is she? Why is she not staying here?
HP: bhaiya, wo...
Befor e HP could say further anjali came there.
Anjali: arnav did you have your dinner?
Arnav : di, nahi i'll have with you all. Di where is khushi? HP is saying she is in her room. What does it mean? Why is she not staying here?
Anjali: wo, i don't why after you went she is not staying here, maybe she misses you and can't sleep here without you thats why.
Arnav is liitle suspicious about what anjali is saying.
Anjali: now u came back right, she'll come back here. Now fresh up and come down. HP call khushi.
Anjali and HP left the room.
Arnav was still thinking why is khushi not staying in this room.
After sometime, he freshens up. He checks on the girl. She is sleeping. So, he decided to go down to have dinner.

AT HALL, IN SHANTHIVAN

Arnav comes down. Everyone are at dinning table except khushi. He notices that she is in kitchen.
He goes there.
Arnav: khushi what are you doing? Come let's have dinner. Leave all these. HP will do.
Khushi was shocked for hearing arnav's voice suddenly.
She replies, " I will eat later , u go and eat."
Arnav: khushi see the time, it's late you should have something , at least for the baby. Come now.
He drags her to dinning table.
Everyone seeing khushi, gets agry at first but then didn't express as arnav is there.
He made khushi sit next to him and served for both of them.
He noticed everyone stopped eating and are looking at them.
Arnav: what happened? Why did you all stop eating? Eat.
Hearing arnav's voice, everyone resumed eating.
Mami was little scared and was trying to keep shut.
She remembered how arnav shouted at her , before leaving for his trip.

************flash back***********

It's been two weeks after their marriage.
Mami's taunts increased day by day. Arnav cannot tolerate it. He was controlling. He don't want to shout at mami infront two pregnant ladies. He want to give mami her peace of mind.
He thought of talking to her separately.
But he did not have time. It use to be late when he comes home and everyone must have slept and he used to leave early morning. So, he could not mami and talk to her.
Before leaving for his long business trip. He confronted mami and warned her.
Arnav: mami, i have seeing you for so many days. I respect you. But keep your tounge in control. If you can't control. It leads you to a worst situation.
Mami: hello hi bye bye arnav bitwa, what are saying?
Arnav: mami I am saying keep your damn mouth in control. Once again if i see you taunting khushi or bad mouthing her, that's all.
Mami: what is this arnav bitwa? For that phatti saree you shouting at your mami. That low class girl must have done some black magic on you. That's why ur behaving like this.
Arnav: ENOUGH!!!! Mami this is your last warning , oe more word against khushi, that will be your last day in SHANTHIVAN and last day of all your luxuries. I respect you alot but she is my wife, badi bahu of this house. So i'll be happy if you treat her with due respect.
Arnav left the room, leaving a shocked mami.
After that even though mami did not taunt khushi in front of others, she is angry at khushi. So, she will be always with dadi .
Whenever dadi taunts her , she'll enjoy it. But she don't know about how dadi treats khushi when no one is around.
*********flashback ends************
Everyone had there dinner.
Arnav took khushi's hand and said to HP," HP shift khushi's things back to my room."
Khushi was scared and thinks that dadi will shout at her after arnav went.
But then arnav is with her so she don't want to think about it. So, she followed him.
To be continued soon...