Side Stories: Villain AU

What if Naoko was a serial killer?

Let's just be real here, Naoko has extremely strong morals, it's what allows her to turn to the idea of vigilanteism so easily, and it's what connects her so well to villains because the line between a hero and a villain is fairly thin. So, let's take a look back at what could have been if Naoko had reacted... Less favorably to learning about Endeavor from someone she was so close to.

~~~~~~~~

The moon glowed brightly down on the city, a haze settling over it as the light dispersed in a haze, caused by pollution. It created an obscuring mist, mixing with the lights to caused a disorienting glow. The perfect cover for Naoko.

She leaned on a building, alternately staring around at the dimly lit streets and the flyer Hasame had placed next to her sleeping hole that day.

Her poor aunt really must be worried about Naoko if she, who was almost as anti-hero as Naoko was, was hinting at Naoko going to a hero school.

Hmmm. Well, perhaps Hasame had a reason to be worried.

Naoko's quirk began to pick up on people surrounding her as she continued looking at the paper. No, perhaps it wasn't a good idea for Naoko to be in this kind of area at night, long past the time when sensible people retreated to their houses. But she had a purpose, and she didn't plan on leaving until she fulfilled it.

A quick flair of her quirk had the paper in her hands dripping to the ground. As if any hero school would accept her.

She looked up to the see men (of course) gathering around her with wide smiles. The liquid pumping through their veins was accelerated, and flowing specifically towards their groin. Disgusting. She vaguely recognized that one of them was talking, but hey, there was no sign language, so, as usual, she was lost.

Maybe if she pushed off and walked away they'd leave her alone. This was stupid anyway, if he wasn't here by now, then he probably wouldn't be.

Three steps were all she was able to take before a hand landed on her shoulder, pulling her back.

She didn't even look up at the man yet she could feel droplets of spittle landing on her face. Disgusting. The men around her were closing ranks, trapping Naoko in and leaving her with no choice but to go where they wanted her to go and do what they wanted her to do. They were even beginning to brandish their quirks, trying desperately to seem more threatening.

Almost subconsciously, her quirk spread out under her and she smirked. Perhaps if this didn't happen so regularly, she might be more intimidated, but there were always thugs that filled the streets, eagerly looking to take advantage of poor, foolish young girls that were out past curfew.

Too bad for them that they got her instead.

The moment before every one of those men had a very bad night, a new body breezed onto the scene, and the hand that was gripping Naoko's arm uncomfortably tightly disappeared.

Probably a hero, because the public were a bunch of sheep that just went along and ignored everything but themselves. Or it could be a vigilante, but those were a rare breed, and more often than not branded as criminals by the government and hunted down.

It was sad because that just left heroes to protect the public.

And Naoko wasn't very good about hiding her opinion of the heroes.

She slowly turned to face the person who 'saved' her from her would-be assaulters, a look of feigned terror on her face. That was the normal reaction to an assault, wasn't it?