Chapter 25- Hasame

Of all the insane things that had happened to Naoko in the past, she had to admit that not failing all her finals was in the top ten.

She was fully prepared to see a disappointed Aizawa blocking her way as she left school from the physical exam just waiting to tell her that she was, unfortunately, not a good candidate to be in the Hero department of UA anymore.

To her (and many of her classmates) great surprise, this didn't happen. She was shot more apologetic looks than she could count, which was confusing as all heck to her, but when she got back her tests, there wasn't a single failing grade among them.

As much as Naoko just wanted to accept this wonderful turn of events and get ready for summer camp, she couldn't. Mainly because she wasn't all that excited for something that was one big excuse for her teachers to exercise their sadism, but that was beside the point. No, Naoko felt like this was a setup, so she obviously confronted Aizawa as soon as she got her tests back.

"What is this?" She demanded, not even waiting for her classmates to leave before walking up to the desk.

Aizawa looked at her test results with a quirked eyebrow, "Do you really expect me to answer that?" He asked, and while Naoko couldn't hear the sarcasm in his voice, she could see it radiating from his body language in waves, "It's pretty obvious to me."

Sure, her question was obvious, but Naoko was more than a little tired and already irritated with the world, "Please don't, not right now. I think we both know that I didn't study for the exams at all, so it makes no sense that I passed everything."

She didn't say it, but the biggest kicker of the whole situation was the fact that not only had she not failed, but she also ended in the top ten spots in the class... Like... What?

It took some doing, but Aizawa managed to keep a smirk off his face as he took her papers and really tried to ignore Iida, who was standing behind Naoko with the most scandalized look on his face. His arm was in midswing, and Ochako was standing next to him, jaw fully dropped as Midoriya just smiled happily at the group. Todoroki was the only one of the group that moved to stand next to Naoko and placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Hm..." He hummed, fully aware that Naoko couldn't hear any of that, but what could he say, he truly was a dramatic bitch deep down, "Well, you appear to have gotten top marks in both English and Japanese, which boosted your score substantially. Though, that was hardly unexpected with how much effort Present Mic's been putting into you."

Naoko nodded briefly, like he said, those scores made sense. She was the only one who could write essays with decent grammar in English, so yeah, she would be surprised if she got failing marks in those subjects.

A page flip filled the silence and even Aizawa's brow crinkled a bit, he knew first hand how terrible Naoko was in History. Even when she had been studying, any piece of information that had names or dates went in one ear and right out the other. He was just glad that he wasn't trying to teach her history, that pain went to Midnight to deal with.

He opened his mouth before shutting it again and grabbing out a bundle of tests, "That can't be right." He muttered under his breath as he flipped through the completed tests.

 Naoko couldn't help it, it was petty, but she just had to grin snarkily as she spouted a quick, "Told you so."

He glared at her for just a moment before going back to rifling through the papers until he came to what had to be Naoko's. There a moment of total silence as he stared down at the papers before looking back up at her in shock, "How the hell did you get a seventy in History? Were you looking at someone's test?"

Normally, Naoko would be offended at the insinuation that she would cheat, but seeing as how her last history grade had been less than a 30... She kinda understood.