chapter 1- Fresh Start

Just so you know, this is Naoko^^  She's beautiful and precious and mine, so yeah, get ready to start this rollercoaster!

I don't own Boku No Hero Academia, I own my ideas and my characters, Thanks for reading, I love you all!

~~~~~~~~~~ 

The hospital room was quiet, peaceful almost, as the two women sat facing each other; there was a sense of familiarity, and it was easily apparent that the two had known each other for some time, "I've heard that the UA entrance exams are coming up," The older one said quietly, making sure to keep her face turned towards the younger girl, "Do you feel ready for it, Naoko?"

A scoff came from the significantly shorter girl, "I'm about as ready as my aunt will let me be, I think she's trying to keep me busy so that I forget about going to 'that school'." The girl's voice had an odd quality to it, it was monotonous and far louder than the volume most people spoke at.

The older woman seemed not to mind though, as a small smile crossed her face, and she leaned forward, brushing a strand of pure white hair out of her face, "I'm sure she means well, Naoko dear; you have to admit that having a child who wants be a hero would be rather frightening after everything she's been through."

A heavy sigh escaped Naoko, and she shook her head in irritation, "It's true, but that was three years ago, one would think that if things were going to change, they would have already... Aunt Hasame still acts as though Mother and father died because of quirks, rather than because of some idiots who misused their quirk."

"Naoko," Even though Naoko couldn't hear her friend's tone, she could tell that it was strict, "Regardless of her opinion on quirks, whether it be about yours or anyone else's, she is still your aunt and has taken care of you in place of your parents, she deserves your respect."

Abashed, Naoko bowed her head, "Yes Todoroki-sama, I'm sorry." she said, waiting until she felt the woman gently pat her head, signaling for her to look up.

"How many times have I told you to stop adding the honorific to my name, Naoko? You could even just call me Rei if you wanted!" It took a second for Naoko to fully comprehend what she was reading from Todoroki Rei's lips.

She shook her head vigorously in response to Todoroki's comment and began signing nervously just to keep her mind on task, "I couldn't do that, Todoroki-sama! You've been through enough disrespect in your life, I just want you to have someone show you how much you're really worth!"

The girl was cut off with a soft hand on her chin, pulling her gaze back to Todoroki so that Naoko wouldn't miss what the woman had to say, "It warms my heart to hear you say that, my dear, and I hope you know that I feel the same way about you. You overlook yourself far too often for my taste." One hand went to Naoko's wrist and gently stroked the fabric of the long sleeve shirt that the girl wore to cover her battered wrists. "You are a hero already, but you just won't let yourself believe it."

At those words, Naoko blushed and looked down before lunging forward to pull Rei into a hug, "Thank you Rei-sama," This time, her words were quiet and full of emotion, very different from how they normally sounded, "I don't know where I would be right now if I hadn't met you three years ago."

A minute passed while Rei simply stroked Naoko's blue-grey hair and hummed a gentle melody that the girl she viewed as her daughter couldn't hear but could feel. The vibrations humming through Rei's chest and into Naoko were more of a comfort than she could ever have hoped for.

"Rei-sama, I won't be able to come here until next week, I'm sorry." Rei hummed, knowing that Naoko could feel that, "Aunt Hasame has been reluctant to let me train with my quirk, and this is the only time I'd be able to do so without her getting mad; I may have to cut our visits down to once a week until after the entrance exams."