Chapter 35 - ANBU

One year later...

One year Hinata was married with Neji. Neither one of them wanted this. Both did this just for the clan. Neji’s fate was to protect Hinata no matter what, so that’s why he agreed with this. He never took advantage of her. Hinata didn’t stop love Naruto even when it was two years after his "death". She never moved on and Neji knew it.

Even in marriage they didn’t kiss, so let alone they slept together. Each of them was sleeping in separate bed and Hiashi was still impatient with them. Hinata’s personality changed. She was more cold now and more emotionless. Neji was worried about her, but she was always saying she’s okay.

Every month she was visiting Naruto’s grave next to Jiraiya and was giving there yellow roses.

Last year she became ANBU, it happened as soon as she became a jonin. She didn’t get Byakugou yet, but her abilities as medical ninja were still better. This morning she went on mission as ANBU. She put on her uniform and ANBU mask. Then she looked into a mirror.

„N-Naruto-kun?“

She saw a vision of Naruto standing behind her, but it was just an illusion. As ANBU she was emotionlessly killing people. Today she had to kill S-rank criminal who escaped from the prison. He was too dangerous, so his life didn’t matter anymore.

"Hikari, are you sure you want to go alone?" asked Tsunade.

"Of course, this mission can power up my abilities," said Hinata.

Her nickname was Hikari as ANBU. Now she went on her mission. She was fast and didn’t have any problem with finding her target. He was alone with two guys, probably comrades. She shot these two with a poisoned needle, she learned it from Shizune. It was just a sleeping poison, her target was only the last standing. He wanted to run away, but Hinata was one step ahead.

"Who are you?" Hinata ignored him.

"Byakugan!" Hinata saw his chakra points.

"Eight Triagrams Sixty-four palms!" When her enemy was shocked she weakened him by blocking his chakra points. He couldn’t move anymore.

"Sleep well!" said Hinata and injected a deadly poison into his throat. He should be dead up to 10 minutes now. Hinata waited till he died and then she removed his body. For her it was normal work she did almost everyday.

"Mission complete!" said Hinata and went back. Tsunade acknowledged her hard work and sent her home to rest, but Hinata hesitated and wanted to go on another mission.

"Hikari, you are overdoing this! You should rest," said Tsunade.

"I can’t! When I’m not on a mission, he's the only one I'm thinking about. It's unbearable!" said Hinata.

"Hikari, you are married. Isn’t this unfair to your husband?"

„I know! I can’t help it. This is just how I feel,“ said Hinata.

"Hmm, okay, I will give you something easier," said Tsunade.

"Thank you," said Hinata and got a new mission. It wasn’t a mission at all. She was just a company of the wife of the feudal lord. On this mission she didn’t need her mask.

"Something happened, my dear?" she asked.

"No, nothing you should worry about," said Hinata and smiled.

"Hmm, you know what? I want to go shopping!" she said.

"Oh, shopping? This shop could be good," said Hinata and remembered that there she was with Naruto choosing him his clothes. She smiled over that memory. "I see you know this place," she said.

"Yes, I’ll show you there!" said Hinata and took her to the shop. Hinata found beautiful dress and wanted to buy them, but didn’t have any money with her.

"Oh, you like these? They are beautiful!" she said.

"It does not matter, I don’t have even money with me," said Hinata.

"I’ll pay for it!"

"Huh? No, I can’t allow this!"

"Don't be modest, you did a great job as my escort!" she said.

"You think so?"

"Of course," she said and paid for the dress. They were light purple, Hinata’s favourite colour.

"But for buying them for you, you have to answer me a question," she said.

"What’s on your mind?" asked Hinata.

"You are in love, aren’t you?" Hinata sadly looked at her.

"I-I was, but he died two years ago," said sadly Hinata and tears appeared in her eyes. Wife of the feudal lord hugged her.

"I’m sorry for your lost, hopefully you’ll find someone new," she said.

"I can’t," said Hinata and showed her her ring.

"Forced marriage?" Hinata nodded.

"But it’s for my clan, I couldn’t reject it," said Hinata.

"You should think of yourself more," she said.

"Thank you," said Hinata. Her mission ended and now she headed home.

"Hinata, you are home unusually early!" said Neji.