As The Moon Shines Bright...

Yukiko's P.O.V
I sat in front of the red tape on the ground,while looking at the dark sky and wondering what my next move should be...

'The stars are fading away...and it's so windy...' I thought 'Now that I have more information,all I have to do is make a plan...problem is,that's not something I'm good at.' I gave out a heavy sigh,why did it all have to end up like this? Why couldn't we just be normal kids,living normal lives,and doing what normal friends should do? Or maybe...this is just what they call "New Normal"?

"There you are." I heard someone say,I turned my head to the sound and saw a sleepy-looking Nagisa...

"N-Nagi-chii! What are you doing here?"

"I should be asking that..." Nagisa said,then he yawned in his hand.

I looked at his other arm and saw that he was hugging a pillow on the side of his body,his nightcap was also practically dangling from his head,making sleepy-Nagisa look really cute...

"Why are you here at three in the morning?" Nagisa asked while rubbing his eye,I stood up as fast as I can and tried to hide the knife I was holding.

"Um...fresh air?"

"Your answer sounded more like a question,and what are you hiding behind your back?"

"Nothing." I said,I then dropped the knife and kicked it off the roof when Nagisa wasn't paying attention.

But to my luck,the sound of something breaking then a car-alarm started to play.

"What was-"

"It's probably nothing!" I said,cutting him off.

Nagisa looked at me weirdly,but he just shrugged his shoulders and sat down beside me,so I sat down too...but then he put his head on my shoulder while hugging the pillow close to him.

"I've been looking for you everywhere..." Nagisa whispered.

"Then you should've just waited for me to come back."

"But you were taking so long! I got worried..." I looked at Nagisa and saw that his cheeks was starting to turn pink,and his hair was covering his eyes.

There was silence for a moment,we were both just enjoying each others company in silence...but then Nagisa spoke again.

"So um...you went to Hope's Peak Elementary?"

"Yeah? How did you know-" He cut me off.

"Why didn't you tell us? You told us you've never been to school."

"I was there for,like,two weeks! Papa took me out of the program after he found out I was meeting with my sister every lunch...I thought it wasn't too important,so I didn't say anything about it...I'm sorry..."

There was silence again,but this time,it was short and uncomfortable.

"I'm sorry too." Nagisa said.

"What? What for?"

"For your friend...you're so worried about her that you couldn't sleep,right? I'm sorry I couldn't do anything..."

"N-No...please don't blame yourself,it's fi-" He cut me off.

"It's not fine! Y-You...you expected me to help her...you expected me to do something...you had such high expectations of me! And I failed you...I'm sorry Yuki...I didn't have a choice...M-Monaca e-e-expected something from me too s-so...so..." Nagisa started to cry,so I slowly gave him a hug and let him cry on my shoulder.

"P-Please d-don't leave me...I'll do a lot better! I'll...I'll do anything you want,just please don't leave me..." Nagisa said,while hugging me tighter "I don't want to lose you Yukiko...I'd rather lose everything else...just not you..."