Prologue

🚫🚫🚫 WARNING!! THIS CHAPTER MAY BE TRIGGERING FOR SOME READERS! IF YOU ARE SENSITIVE TO ABUSE, SLURS, AND GORE, CLICK AWAY, OR GO TOWARDS THE NEXT CHAPTER IMMEDIATELY!!! 🚫🚫🚫

⛓✨ A SMALL NOTE FOR MY OLD READERS: This Prologue has finally been rewritten! It's quite different from the first one, so I would really appreciate it if you read it once more!! ✨⛓

---------------------------------------

It was another cold, and windy night. The streets of one of Towa City's Living Districts were finally quiet, for all of the children have went to sleep in their cozy beds...

Well...almost all of them.

There was still one girl who was wide awake...playing the grand piano in their living room, while being "Supervised" by her father...

It was already past midnight...but she was still playing a rather difficult piece, one so difficult that even people older than her have trouble playing it without months and months of excessive practice...

Yet, it only took her a few days before she was able to play the entire song with ease.

A talented young soul, indeed.

On the outside, you would've thought that this "Talent" would be her saving grace...but, on the inside, it was her major downfall...

As the nine-year-old girl continued to play, her Father listened in bliss as he twirled his fingers around.

This "Blissful feeling" was cut short, however, after the child accidentally hit the wrong key, due to having rather small fingers.

The atmosphere grew heavy, the child's breath hitched after feeling the man's murderous aura...

"D-Daddy...I-I'm so sorry-"

The child's hush, gentle voice, was put to a stop and was replaced with screams of fear and agony, as her Father yanked her out of the chair by her curly locks, and was thrown into the wall.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU!?!?!?" The man screamed as he stormed out of the room, leaving the quivering girl to fear what is yet to come...

"Didn't I already told you?" He asked, hovering over the girl, whip in hand "STOP ACTING LIKE YOU CAN'T DO IT PERFECTLY!!! YOU THINK YOU CAN GET AWAY WITH WHAT YOU'VE DONE WITH THOSE CROCODILE TEARS!? STOP LYING TO ME, YOU LITTLE BITCH!!!"

The man kept screaming awful slurs while beating the child.

The young girl was curled in a tight ball, arms covering her head, in an attempt to stop the hard blows...

"P-Please forgive me, Daddy..." She pleaded silently, but it was still hearable.

Her Father stopped for a moment, then started laughing maniacally.

He pulled her up by her hair, and started punching her repeatedly...

"DID YOU HEAR ME GIVE YOU PERMISSION TO SPEAK!?!? I TOLD YOU NOT TO TALK UNLESS I SAY SO, WHY!? BECAUSE IT'LL HARM YOUR THROAT GODDAMNIT!!!"

The man continued until she started coughing up blood, making him look at her in disgust.

"Look at yourself...what do you think the judges would say if they saw you looking like this? It's as if someone ran you over!"

He picked up the small child, rather lovingly, and made their way towards the kitchen while gently patting her back.

He placed the young girl on the counter, turned on the faucet, and took out ice bags from the fridge.