Can I Love You Instead?

Yukiko's P.O.V
Okay,Yuki...you can do this! Just knock on Jataron's door and ask him about his face-- Wait,no that's not right.I'll just ask him to play with me THEN ask him about his face,yeah,that sounds better.I knocked on Jataron's door and a few seconds later,he opened it just a little bit.

"Yukiko? Why are you here?...And what's with the get-up?"

"This? I just thought that I might need proper clothes if I want to draw with you,that's all!"

Jataron looks at me with a shocked look on his face.

"...Why do you want to draw with someone as useless as me?"

"I want to know more about drawing! Not just that,I also want to spend time with you Jataron!"

He seems to think for a moment,before opening the door just enough for me to squeeze in.His room was pretty messy,butterflies in every corner,the familiar smell of paint thinner,and other art stuff just piled up everywhere.

"Sorry if my room is a mess...you probably hate me now...since I'm the Priest yet I'm so filthy." Jataron said with a sad voice,but he looked happy...in a creepy way.

"No,no...my Bis Sister also had a room like this,I think..." I said,but whispered the last part.

"Whatever...what exactly do you want to learn anyway?"

"Anything!"

Jataron just stared at me like I grew three eyes or something,making me a little nervous.

"Did I say something wro--"

"Do you hate me?" Jataron said before I could even finish what I was saying.

"E-Excuse me?"

Jataron looked away "Never mind...anyway,do you like bird skin? Because I don't like them,so I want to know if anyone actually does."

"Can we just draw...please?"

Jataron nodded and took out some art supplies and put it close to us,Jataron laid down on his stomach while I sat down and stated to draw.It was pretty silent between us...well,except for Jataron's 'yawning'.I keep glancing at him every few seconds,I have to know why he thinks he's ugly! Then again...chances are its because of those Demon Adults...

"Did you know that we can paint stuff with blood? Like if you chop up a little chicken,just put a paintbrush on the open wounds and then you have paint...but that sounds pretty gross.I'm sorry for telling you something as gross as that,you probably hate me now."

I stare at Jataron,ever since I got here he keeps asking if I hate him and stuff,and whenever I say no he get's disappointed.Why does he keep telling me to hate him?

"No...I still don't hate you Jataron." I said while still drawing.

"Why not?"

"Well...your my friend,so I lo-"

"DON'T SAY IT!!!"

I finally looked up from my paper and put my attention to Jataron.

"...What?"

"Don't...say it...don't say you like me,please.I don't like being liked..."

"Why not? Why do you want me to hate you?"

"Looks like you don't know...your the only one in the world who doesn't hate me,and it's really annoying."

"Then too bad! Because I could NEVER hate you!" I said with a smile.

Jataro looked...angry...

"What do I have to do for you to hate me? Do I have to take off my mask? If I do that...will you finally hate me? But if you see what's underneath this mask...your eyeballs are gonna explode and you won't see anything ever again! But...if that happens because of me...then you'll finally hate me,right?" Jataron suddenly looked...hopeful? At least that's what I think that look says.