The Arts of Grief

Yukiko's P.O.V
Hey...is it true that..."Grief" has different stages? Nagisa said there were...but what if he's wrong? Not like he's ever wrong, but...what if he is? Just this once?

What if "Grief" is just never ending Despair, and the five stages is all a lie? "Grief" is the feeling where you want someone back, and that's all there is to it?

I've been asking myself that for a while now. But I never really got the answer I was looking for.

But...you know...after going through it myself...I realized that...

Nagisa WAS right...

Denial, Anger,...what was the other one? Gambling? Something like that. Then Depression, and Acceptance.

Nagisa also said that, some people tend to go in circles. Some of the steps get repeated or jumbled or what not...and some people get stuck at some steps...

Is that why Daddy is always Angry? He never got out of the "Anger" stage?

Or maybe he's just what Koto-chan calls as "Problematic"?

...

Oh...I've talked too much again, haven't I? Haha...I'm sure you're bored right about now...

This isn't even about me TALKING about grief...it's just me GOING THROUGH it...

So...

Are you ready to watch me fall into Despair?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
3rd Person's P.O.V

"...Eh..?"

Nagisa gulped down the lump in his throat, before continuing where he left off.

"Masaru and Jataro...were both captured and killed by the Demons..." He looked at her in the eyes, trying his best not to back out midway "It was most likely caused by...th-those two Demon Girls...you like...so much..."

Yukiko starred at him for a few seconds, completely speechless.

Both because she was still trying to guess on who he's talking about, and trying to guess why he said what he said...

She never thought...he could ever do this to her...

He just never looked like the type, you know?

But...after a short period of time...it was like all the gears in her head started turning. And everything started to become as clear as day for her...

"Y-Yuki? Are you-"

"HAHAHAHAHA!!! Man, Nagi-chii! I didn't know you liked pranks, too!!" Yukiko laughed, holding onto her stomach and playfully slapping Nagisa on the back.

"Huh?" Nagisa looked at her in disbelief, before blocking her hits with his arm "Yu-Yuki, this isn't-"

"Masa-kun! Jataron! You can come out now!!" She called out, her other hand on the side of her mouth to make it echo.

"Yu-yu-"

"Nagi-chii~! You should really work on your pranking face a lot more!! If anyone else said it, I would've-"

"Yukiko!!" Nagisa held firmly onto her shoulders, making her turn to him with a slight shake.

"This...this isn't a prank..." He let his hands slide down her arm, before making them stop on top of hers "They're both...they're both gone, Yuki. Killed by Komaru Naegi. I'm sorry..."