Annoying. Black. Bear

3rd Person's P.O.V
"Um...what are you guys doing?!" Nagisa demanded, as he stood by the door and looking at the two girls.

Who were in a rather..."awkward" position.

"Ah, it's Nagisa!" Monaca greeted cheerfully, as the Sage walked closer to them "Oh...and Yuki's here, too, meow!!"

"..."

"Awww, and Nagisa's carrying Yuki! How nice!!" She continued, clapping her hands with glee "I wish YOU can carry me like that, Nagisa! Our leader is so strong!!"

"A-Ah...su...sure thing...Monaca." The boy responded, a small blush forming on his cheeks "I wouldn't mind...carrying you, too..."

"Aww, how sweet!" Monaca cheered "I'm putting you up on that offer, meow~!"

As the young boy blushed even harder, feeling embarrassed with each praise he was given...

Monaca's words...somehow left a bad taste in Yuki's mouth. Both literally and figuratively.

A very, very bad taste. So bad, that it's like she was fed rotten food from a dumpster. Worms and all.

And to think that the Mage wasn't even talking to her...what kind of reaction would she get if she was talking to her directly?

It's so hard to imagine...

So, in response to these feelings, Yuki simply got off of Nagisa's back.

"Yuki, what are you doing?"

Despite...the male's protest.

"There's no need for you to get off."

"..."

Instead of responding, she continued to forcefully making herself fall, so that the boy would have no other choice but to let her go, and hold onto his arm for support.

"Is there something wrong, meow?" Monaca asked, acting worried "You two seem to be having trouble..."

"W-We're...fine." He answered, letting out a sigh after making sure that Yukiko was comfortable with their position, before turning back to the others "But now's not the time for banter. We've got a lot of work to do here!"

Kotoko snickered into her hand "Oh my oh my, are you perhaps...jeeeeaaaalous?"

"Wh-What're you talking about!?" Nagisa looked down at Yukiko from the corner of his eye, but after noticing she was also looking at him, he looked away "What do I have to be jealous of?"

""It's not like I'm jealous of YOU"..." Kotoko mocked with a smirk "Is that what you're trying to saaayyy??"

Nagisa's face grew even brighter, as Yukiko looked around the dark room in boredom...

Until her eyes landed on a small, miniature table thingy with Masaru's picture on it.

'Huh...have I seen that before?'

"L-Like I said! It...it's not that at all!!" He retorted, while Yuki's too busy trying to (gently) pull Nagisa towards the table.

~Yukiko's Memory Theater~

"Makoko...why is Daddy crying?" The child asked, tugging onto the male's clothes as he carried her small form.

"Because...someone he loves...they're gone."

~~~~~~~

Monaca cocked her head to the side, a finger on her cheek "Hey, what do you mean, "jealous"?"