I lied, I'm sorry

(y/n) quickly pulled Itachi's arm forcing him to follow her. (y/n)'s cheek was burning out of embarrassment. But, she need to talk with him far from her house, far from Izumi clan's territory.

Itachi just followed her without thinking about anything. He keep following and both of them stopped at a bench near the Konoha main gate.
Both of them sat there and there was an awkward silence between them.

Itachi knew that (y/n) is not the one who will break the silence, so he's the one who need to cheer up the situation between them. He didn't know how to start, but he slowly opened the box that he brought with him that he got from (y/n).

When he opened the lid, the sweet scent of the dango freely fly into his nose. His eyes widened and glimmers in excitement. A happy smile carved on his face and quickly turned his face to see the girl beside him.

The box was full of dangos which is his favorite food. They were neatly arranged and they look so fluffy. They were so cute and that makes him feel a little bit sad that he need to eat them.

"Did you make this, (y/n)?"

"Um", she nodded and a smile started to form on her face. She slowly turned to her best friend and she felt so glad the Itachi looked happy with the dangos.

"They look so delicious, (y/n)! You're such a great cook", Itachi smiled and winked at her that made her blush. She quickly turned her face away to cover her shyness.

Itachi took one stick of the dangos and gave it to (y/n). She was shocked with Itachi's action and she refused to take it.

"Just take it, (y/n). It will be more and more delicious if we eat it together", he smiled and took (y/n)'s hand and made her grab the dango.

She looked down and quietly said, "T-Thank you, Itachi-kun".

"No, Thank you, (y/n)".

Both of them enjoyed the dangos in silence and their faces described them that they were so happy being with each other.

"Itachi-kun, I'm sorry for dragging you here at this time. It's almost dark now. A-And, I-I know we shouldn't be out here, alone..." (y/n)'s face was so red when she remembered that she was with her crush, alone.

It's true that the day already turned night. The street lamp beside them was flickering and light up so bright, showing their blushed face.

"U-Uh, I-I don't mind actually..." Itachi said while removing his long Raven hair from his face.

"Y-You know right that, uh- Izumi clan have troublesome ears..." (y/n) said while scratching her cheeks awkwardly.

"Umm". Itachi took another stick of dango and put it inside his mouth. He loves dango so much.

With Itachi's action, (y/n) finally had the courage to tell him what she knew about the Uchiha clan secret plan and what happened to Shisui.

"I know, you're not the one who killed Shisui-san last night. O-Of course, I heard what the police said but, I saw it with my eyes. Eventhough my eyes are not that clear anymore, I still believe with what I saw rather than what I heard from them", she paused to catch her breath.

Itachi stopped eating and turned his face to look at (y/n). He was so focused on what (y/n) said to him. He was quite shocked but at the same time, he felt so relieved that his best friend is still believe in him.

"And I uh- I actually overheard what you and Shisui-san discussed about the other day..." She looked up to Itachi and his face that was so soft before, now turned into a serious one. He even accidentally activated his Sharingan revealing his new and improved Sharingan. The Mangekyo Sharingan.