Shinobi world

One week after the war ended, the funeral for the those who lost their lives during the Third Shinobi War was held in Konoha. Konoha lost many skilled shinobi from the huge war.

At the funeral, (y/n) saw the boy who saved him that day.

(Your POV)

I kept staring at that boy. The Uchiha boy. He was with his father, I guess.
"Maybe I should say thanks to him".

After the funeral ends, I walked to the boy and said, "H-Hi... I-It's me... B-But, I-I don't think t-that you remember about me...". That's right. I can't even utter the words perfectly. Why am I so scared to speak?! I'm so annoyed with myself right now! It's just, I feel extremely nervous whenever I try to talk to others. I just stare at th ground and trying to leave.

But, he caught my arm and hold it firmly. I can feel his warmth and it feels so, comforting. "I remember you. At the battleground, right?" He said while staring at me with his emotionless face.

"Y-Yes... T-That's me... I-I just want to s-say thank you..." I said while slowly raise my head to meet with his cute onyx orbs. He looks, kinda cute actually.

He stared at me and replied, "It's nothing. You're so brave and kind for helping that guy. Although he's an enemy and you know that, but you still help him because he was dying. You're so kind". He smiled at me.

I can feel my cheeks is slowly burning out of shyness. I never talked to people accept my family members and here I am, talking to a good looking boy from the elite clan, Uchiha and this Uchiha boy is smiling at me. That's a good start, I think so.

Wait, how am I supposed to escape from this right now? Should I say thanks again or sorry for taking your time? I don't know! What should I do?!

While I'm still in my panic state because I'm having a huge war inside my brain, Oto-sama calls me.

"(y/n)! Let's go!"

Yes! That's it! This should be a perfect excuse for my escape. Wait, should I call this an escape? I already did what I wanted to do. This is it, I hate my overthinking mind. "I-I... O-Oto-sama... H-He-"

"I understand. Well, see you again." He waved his hand at me.

I know that my face is all red by now. I nodded and move hurriedly to Oto-sama and grabbed his hand.

"Is that your friend, (y/n)?"

"I-I... I don't know his name... But, we met at the battlefield..." I said to Oto-sama.

"I see... Well, maybe you will meet him again..." Oto-sama said out loud.

"O-Oto-sama... Can I ask something?"

"Just ask, (y/n)..." Oto-sama sighed at me.

"Why did the Shinobi willing to give their life for the village? O-Oto-sama too... Why did they die? I-Is that okay to die? H-How about their family? I-I think... they deserve a better way to live..." I asked my father.

"(y/n)... That is what a shinobi for, to die for the sake of village. They die protecting their love ones, their family, siblings, friends, lovers, everything. They died in the most honourable way. As a shinobi, we promised to sacrifice everything for the village's sake. By protecting the village, they end up protecting their family as well. So, there's nothing to regret about it. To die in a mission is every shinobi's dream. To die as a hero. To die for their family." Oto-sama answered as we were walking back to our house.

(Itachi's POV)

That girl just walked away with her father. For me, she's so brave as a little girl to go to the war ground alone.

"I think the both of us are in the same age".

After the funeral, I stay at the grave for a bit longer, wondering about the question that had been in my head for a quite while.

"What does life means?" I still didn't find the answer yet.

"Humans' life are so fragile. It's such a waste to die". I heard a man said this thing. "Maybe I should ask him about that question. He seems to know something about it". I said to myself.

I walked to go closer to the long haired man. His skin is so pale but, he seems smart. No, more than smart. Genius.

"You said that humans' life are so fragile. So, what does life means?" I asked that man.

"Life means nothing. You can't learn about the full knowledge in this entire world because life is so fragile. Humans' life span are so short. We could never achieve the real meaning of life if we don't have those knowledge... Life means nothing because of that. It means nothing. Only born and wait for our own death... And that's how the cycle of life continues until this world collapse", the man answered as he walked away from this graveyard.

"Life means nothing", I whispered to myself. Is that true? I don't really know actually. But, why are these shinobi put their own lives on the line only to protect others' life? Does life really means something? Is life is what they are trying to protect? How about theirs? Why are they so eager to protect someone with their life? That's really strange...

"What is life?"