It's Not Over Yet

Itachi helped (y/n) to move. (y/n) wrapped her arm around Itachi's neck while Itachi put his hand on (y/n)'s waist to support her. It was so dark and it's still day 1 for the test but those 2 gennins already got a pair of scroll needed for them to past this round. They tried to reach the central tower as soon as possible to avoid any unneeded fight.

However, (y/n) used up almost all of her chakra during her fight and she also healed her opponents until they are fully recovered from their injuries.

(Your POV)

'I must be a burden for Itachi-kun right now. Oh I hate myself so much!'

Unfortunately, I accidentally tripped over a hard tree branch and my arm slipped from Itachi-kun's shoulder as well. 'Oh no. This is going to be hurt'.

Itachi-kun tried to catch me but I fell down so quickly. I crashed onto a few branches and fell on my face onto the ground.

'Thump!'

A loud thump was heard when I touched the ground with my face first. It's really hurts. I didn't have the chance to mold my chakra as an armor during the fall. The whole world seemed spinning around me. I felt really dizzy.

"(y/n)! Are you okay?"

"Hm", I hummed as I couldn't find any words to answer that question. I still can see the stars on my sight.

Itachi-kun held up my head and stared into my eyes.

"Let's rest for the night, okay (y/n)? You don't have to push yourself so hard", Itachi-kun told me with worries written all over his face.

I paused for about 2 minutes until I gained my consciousness back. But my head still felt so heavy. I tried my best to arrange my words to brush Itachi-kun's worries away.

"I-I'm fine. We should keep going to the central tower and finish this test".

"No, (y/n)!" Itachi-kun said with a serious face. I was scared with that face but I knew, he just concerned about me. Right?

"You should rest, (y/n). You seemed so tired after your fight with those Kusagakure nin."

"B-But-"

I didn't get to finish my words as Itachi-kun cut down my words.

"You're tired because you healed them, right (y/n)?"

"H-How do-"

"Of course I know. I don't think they would give you rough times with your skills, (y/n). As soon you knew they had the same scroll as us, you quickly apologize and healed them up. Am I right?"

I lost my words. How did he knew everything that happened when he's not even there. Or, did he?

"How did you know about that, Itachi-kun?" I asked him while focusing my sight on the grass while tracing my fingers on it.

He tapped my shoulder, "Of course I know, (y/n). You're my best friend. The very first friend too. I know we met accidentally, but you're my best among the best friend, (y/n). I know you more than anyone else. I know that you have a kind heart that always want to help other people. Even he's an obvious enemy. Just like the time we met".

A glimpse of that memory from the Third Shinobi War came across my mind. I hugged my knees and keep staring at the grass. My eyes were burning.

"I-I'm sorry, Itachi-kun. I knew I shouldn't do that. Now, I just a burden and a big nuisance to you. Because of me, you stop here. I slowed you down again, Itachi-kun. I'm sorry", my tears rolled down my cheeks. I'm so useless.