ᴏ ɴ ᴇ [s2] - this isn't you

BOOK 1

{ SEASON 2 }
THEME SONG- Yellow by Coldplay

Next book: Season 3a and 3b

☆ ✱ ☆

THIRD PERSON

Adaline's eyes opened to a bright, white light.

She felt as if she was in an unfamiliar room, a white room. She noticed the wall beside her was covered in long vertical blinds; over her head, the glaring lights blinded her. Even if they were dimmed, they still burned into her eyes.

She was propped up on a hard, uneven bed — a bed with rails. The pillows were flat and lumpy. There was an annoying beeping sound somewhere close by. She hoped that meant she was still alive. Death shouldn't be this uncomfortable.

Her hands were all twisted up with clear tubes, and something was taped across her face, under her nose.

She lifted her hand to rip it off.

"No, you don't." And warm fingers caught her hand.

She turned her head slightly and saw her mother, with her blue nurse scrubs on with her chin resting on the edge of Adaline's pillow.

Adaline realized again that she was alive, this time with gratitude and elation. But those feelings of relief drained down a hole once she had realized that she had been bitten...by who knows what. Her hand immediately went to her neck, frantically feeling for a bite. Once she didn't feel a thing but soft skin, she knew that wasn't a good sign.

"Everything's all right now."

"What do you mean? Mom, this isn't good. I was—I was..." Adaline stammered her rushed words before she began to breathe heavily. She tried to find more words before she realized her mom didn't know a single thing about....basically everything involving the super natural. Her mom slowly nodded her head and placed her hands on her daughters in order to relax her.

"I know. I know," Melissa whispered, her voice tormented. "Trust me, this is as confusing for me as it is for you. Do you remember anything?" She asked, looking into her daughters eyes as if she looked for answers in them.

Adaline immediately shook her head no in response. What else could she have said? Thoughts and memories ran through her head over and over in insane speed. She felt as if her head would explode knowing she couldn't think straight about everything and everyone. She thought she was going insane once she heard a fastened heart beat...not knowing if it was her own or her mothers.

Her mother stared at her in determination and held on to her daughters hands a little tighter, "I just...don't understand what kind of animal attacked both you and Lydia. Both of you had bite marks but you..." She shook her head as if she was speechless and looked down onto the floor. "You've unremarkably healed. But right now, the only thing you gotta worry about is your rest. We are all worried about you...especially Stiles." She let out a small laugh to lighten up the mood. "He's been waiting outside your room for who knows how many days now."

"He's here?" Adaline desperately tried to sit up, but the spinning in her head accelerated, and her mothers hand pushed her gently down onto the pillows.