4 - signs

✱   ☆

"Adaline."

"Derek." I breathed out, crossing my arms.

How did he know my name? I never told him my name. How did he even know Scotts?

"So I'm guessing you girls don't have a ride? I'd be glad to take you home." He stuffed his hands in the pockets of his leather jacket.

My hands began to feel clamy as my hatred for him got stronger. He was mostly a complete stranger to us, I couldn't trust him!

"Oh, uh, I can just call my parents so they can pick us up." Allison pulled out her phone and pressed the power button. "Crap...it's dead." She bit her lip, placing locks of her hair behind her ear.

shit

"I'm sure I can take you home safely. No need to worry." Derek flashed his charming smile to Allison. She then gave in, adverting her attention to me.

shit

"Adaline? You okay with this? I mean he's friends with you and Scott, right?" She asked. I could see the pleading in her eyes. I hesitated for a moment whilst I felt Derek's harsh gaze.

"Alright, yeah. It's fine." I lied through my teeth. Allison beamed a bright grin, turning her head back to Derek.

shit

shit

SHIT

"Follow me," He strolled the opposite direction whilst Allison and I began to walk behind.

"Come on it'll be okay," She whispered, giving my arm a tight squeeze of reassurance. "Relax, you're too tense right now."

We finally arrived to his car and enter the back seats. The whole ride was too much for me. The air was so brittle it could snap, and if it didn't, I would have. No-one spoke, what was there to say?

I soon remembered about Stiles. He was probably already out there, looking for us. Possibly panicking. If I could only text him...saying that Derek drove us to Allison's, sadly, I left my phone in his jeep.

Surprisingly, we arrived there in a swift which was a huge relief. Allison thanked Derek as we finally vacated his car. I turned to face Allison's house making my mouth hang open. It was enormous, beautiful looking. I just gawked at her with wide eyes.

"You like," She raised her brow, placing her hands on her hips.

"Wow..." Was all that could come out of my hanging mouth. "This is definitely not a house...it's a god damn mansion."

"Come on!" She laughed while pulling me towards her home.

We greeted Allison's mother and had a small conversation about staying in. Allison waved her goodbye as we continued walking up the stairs. For some reason, I could see this hint of dislike her mothers eyes as she talked to me.

"You can sit on my bed if ya want," She suggested, holding her hair up in a high pony tail. I gladly sat down and reverently rubbed my fingers along the silken mattress. I thought for a moment.

"Hey, Allison?"

She hummed in response as she took off her makeup with a wipe.

"Can I text my mom in your phone and tell her I'm staying over?"