12 - stadaline

✱ ☆

"She isn't well from the incident that happened last night-"

"Please. Just for a few minutes?" Adaline
shot her a smile and after a few seconds waiting, she could see the change in thought in her eyes.

"Yes, of course," Mrs. Martin opened the door even wider to let them both in, leaving Stiles in a confused state.

"How come it works when you do it." He whispered in her ear. She shushed him and proceeded on following Lydia's mom all the way to a lavender colored door. Mrs. Martin opened the door to reveal Lydia sprawled on her queen sized bed faced down.

"Honey, there's an Adaline and Stiles here to see you."

Lydia quickly spun around to face them to not only show her red tangled hair coating her face but revealing that she was wearing a blue lingerie sleep dress, her cleavage out in the open.

"What the hell...is a Stadaline?" She slurred.

"She took a little something to ease out her nerves. You guys can go in." She soon left both of them alone in the room with Lydia who was lazily removing hair from her mouth.

"What are you guys doing here?" She questioned.

"Um...ugh...we were just making sure you were okay. You remember Adaline?" He pointed over to her. "She was with you last night."

"Mmm yeah I remember." She stared intently at Stiles and patted an empty space on her bed.

"You...want me...to sit?" He questioned in utter confusion. Lydia hummed in agreement and patted again, acting as if Adaline wasn't in the room at all.

"So um...how are you feel-" but he immediately halted as soon as Lydia began to caress his arm.

"I feel fantastic," She leaned even closer.

"You're so drunk," Stiles cringed and tried to kindly remove her sluggish body off his.

Adaline began to have a difficult time to breathing as she felt the sickness pumping through her veins and by watching Lydia get all over Stiles...it made her feel even worse. Way worse. She lost the colour from her face. It was as if her heart had suddenly stopped beating and all the blood had run down into her feet. She swayed for just a moment before holding herself steady against Lydia's drawer.

She could feel the panic in her chest waiting to take over. Perhaps it only wants to protect her but there really isn't any danger. It sits there like an angry ball propelling her towards an anxiety she just didn't need.

"You know guys..." She heaved heavily, "I'll just wait out here. You both have fun." Adaline could hear Stiles calling out something to her but she couldn't make out what it was. She felt as if her lungs were slowly filling with water, as if there was just less space in them for the air. Inflating them felt like pushing up a lead weight on her chest.

She continued to saunter all the way to the front door of the house. As soon as she opened it she could finally breath again. She let in frost biting air into her lungs as much as she could take in. Cold licked at her face and crept under her clothes, spreading across her skin like the lacy tide on a frigid winter beach. With purple lips tinged with blue and gently chattering teeth she wrapped her thin coat around her tighter. The world around her was still whirling like mad and the only thought that popped in her throbbing head was to rest in the back seats of the jeep.