16 - school night

✱   ☆

"Lock it! Lock it!" I shouted in panic.

"Do I look like I have a key?!" Stiles argued.

"Grab something!" Scott shouted even louder.

"What?!"

"ANYTHING!" Scott and I both yelled in union.

Stiles suddenly stopped fumbling with the handles of the double doors and looked through the window for a moment. Scott did the same.

"No," Scott choked out.

Stiles shoved him away and pressed onto the handle. "Yes."

"Stiles, stop!" I shouted and before I could even grab him by the arm, he ran outside. Scott and I frantically looked through the windows to see him walking back to the parking lot to retrieve the bolt cutters that Scott accidentally dropped.

"No, no, no.  This isn't good," I whispered, hovering my trembling hand over my mouth. That's when we saw what we dreaded the most, the Alpha making his way over Stiles. I screamed out his name and Scott and I began hitting the doors to get his attention.

Stiles noticed the Alpha crawling up to him and he quickly grabbed  the bolt cutters off the ground and swiftly made his way back to the double doors. He slammed them shut and stabbed the bolt cutters between the handles of the navy doors. The three of us then looked out the window to find no sign of the Alpha whatsoever. All you should hear was our heavy and rapid breathing through the halls.

I swallowed thickly and took another deep breath. "That won't hold," I shook my head and took more deep breathes to control my anxiety.

The floor tiles reflected a waxy gleam. Lockers were lined up on either side of the hallway like sleeping robotic soldiers. Instead of a peaceful, quiet feeling, the halls radiated hidden menace. The outside lights illuminated the first several feet into the hallway, but after that, I could barely see anything.

That's when we heard loud howling from the Alpha. We all exchanged terrified glances and ran into the first classroom we saw.

Stiles shut the door closed and leaned against it, breathing heavily. "It's your boss," He told Scott.

"What?" Scott asked in confusion.

"Deaton, the Alpha, your boss?" Stiles clarified.

I shook my head at him, "There is so absolute way that he is the Alpha. No way."

"Yes!"

"No!" Scott spoke back defensively.

"Yes! A fucking murdering psycho werewolf!" He spun his finger around the side of his head. "Like, come on. He disappears and that thing shows up ten seconds later to toss Derek twenty feet through the air?" He shook his head, "That's not convenient timing?"

"That's not hi-"

"He killed Derek," Stiles interrupted him.

I gripped onto one of the desks and gulped, "No..." I shook my head, "Derek's not dead. He can't be dead."

Stiles scoffed, "Guys, blood spurted out of his mouth, okay? That doesn't exactly qualify as a minor injury!" He then harshly pointed his fingers towards himself and us, "He's dead and we're next!"