3 - bloodlust

★
☆   ✱ ☆
   ✭

I did the last knot on my shoe and exited out the front door, locking it. I began to jog, feeling the sensation of the cold air hitting my body. No more than an hour ago the sky was painted with hues of red, orange and pink, but all colour had faded leaving only a matt black canvas with no stars.

It's been about four hours since I got home from the woods with Stiles and Scott from that weird visit from that Derek, creepy, mystery guy.

Night running is a favourite, even though it's a darker affair. I love running past noisy pubs on a Friday night, or through empty paths lit only by a headtorch, small mammals momentarily setting the pace, before veering away from my approaching feet.

I halted to take a breath, resting my hands on my knees.

~

Hearing the front door open, I quickly put down my phone and quietly strolled down the stairs to see Scott leaning his forehead against the door. I silently tiptoed to him prepared to give a scare but...

"I know you're behind me, Addy."

"Dammit!" I let out a laugh but faded away when I noticed he had a cheeky grin plastered on his face as soon as he turned around.

I lifted my brow and crossed my arms at him, "What's up with you?"

"Allison. She went to the animal shelter."

"Ah...Allison. I see... proceed." I motioned for him to continue.

"And she ran over a dog." His smile lifted so much, it could reach up to the clouds.

I furrowed my brows, letting out a small chuckle, "Okay? Um, how is that something to smile about?"

"Long story," He sighed, "I gotta go to bed and—

"Think about Allison, your dream girl. Okay...good to know." I finished his sentence, patting his shoulder.

He gave me a smile and lightly shoved me away, "Shut up."

I casually shrugged my shoulders, "Isn't that what your were going to do?"

"Maybe..." He began to back away slowly up the creaking stairs.

"Goodnight asshole, sleep tight." I saluted him.

"I will, weirdo."

~

"Okay, what the hell, Scott? And why didn't you tell me this in the first place?" I asked whilst he shut his locker with force. I jumped at his sudden frustration.

"Look, I'm sorry. You know you have severe anxiety. I didn't want to worry you. I just woke up in the middle of the woods, saw this animal figure, freaked the fuck out, and then just jumped into some strangers pool—I'm okay, I just—"

"Just what?" I interrupted. "This isn't anything normal. It's clearly and obviously abnormal behavior. Were you sleep walking or something?"

"I don't know if I was sleep walking, okay? I'll explain later." He spoke in a hushed whisper.

"We have to tell Stiles," I shook my head at him, sighing. Suddenly, in the corner of my eye, I could see Jackson walking toward us in a fastened pace.

"I'll see you at the field." I gave a small wave and exited out the door.

~

I placed my bag on the bleachers and looked out into the field, removing locks of hair from my face. I noticed Stiles racing towards Scott at an alarming rate, but he didn't seem to give a care in the world, completely ignoring him. I sighed in distress and stood up to my feet, removing more locks from my sight. I made my way towards Stiles and as soon as I caught up, I grabbed him by the shoulders, turning him to face the opposite direction.