8 - last resort

THIRD PERSON

      ✱   ☆

"If Derek isn't the Alpha, if he's not the one who bit you, then who did?" Adaline leaned up in her desk to speak to her brother.

Scott overwhelmingly shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know."

"Did the Alpha kill the bus driver?" Stiles from beside Adaline leaned into the conversation.

"I don't know..." He repeated.

"Does Allison's dad know about the Al-

"I don't know!" Scott snapped, cutting Stiles off by shouting in annoyance. Students slowly turned to glance at the disturbance. Most rolled their eyes, others gave him dirty looks.

Adaline coward embarrassment and Stiles nodded awkwardly, slouching deeper into his desk before the teacher handed him a graded paper.

Adaline held up the paper to see an A. She smiled at her small success of accomplishment and leaned in to get a look at her brothers. She internally cringed.

"You seriously need to study more." She sighed. He stood silent and rested his head on the desk.

Stiles glanced at him, "Do you want help studying?"

"No. I'm studying with Allison after school today."

"Allison? Studying? You'll be a little unfocused won't you?" Adaline snickered.

"We are just studying." he repeated.

"Uh, no, you're not," Stiles began, "Not if I'm forced to live vicariously through you. If you go to her house today and squander that colossal opportunity, I swear to god I'll have you-"

Adaline flicked him on the side of his head, "Hey, calm down, it's looks like you're gonna have another seizure again."

Scott turned from his seat and sighed, "Just stop with the questions guys...both of you are driving me insane."

"Yes, no more questions." She narrowed her eyes at Stiles.

"Wha—okay fine. Done." He put his hands up in defeat, "No more talk about the Alpha or Derek...

Especially Derek...who still scares me."

Then the bell rang. Everyone quickly gathered their things and bolt out of the classroom before the teacher could even explain what the homework assignment was.

"No! Wait, let me do it." Stiles opened the car door before Adaline could even touch the handle.

"Thanks," She rolled her eyes playfully. "You don't have to do that all the time ya know."

"Well, I want to so get over it." He shut his door and turned on the engine, starting the Jeep. He began to drive through the school parking lot until an appearance of someone appeared ahead.

"Oh my god!" Stiles shouted dramatically, stepping on the breaks to stop the vehicle from moving any further.

"Derek?" She breathed out. "You've got to be kidding me. This guy is everywhere..."

Scott dropped his bike and ran towards Derek, who was already fallen to the ground. Stiles climbed out his Jeep and walked toward them while Scott kneeled next to Derek.

"What are you doing here?" Scott questioned impatiently

Derek winced in pain, clutching his hand over his arm. "I was shot."

"Everyone's waiting. Allison is even coming out of the car." Adaline stated out the window of the Jeep.

Scott's eyes widened and turned back to Derek, questioning him hurriedly. "Why aren't you healing?"