3 - princess

*

How does someone simply move on after crazy shit like this happens?

Nothing seems to be as sane as it used to be and it's crazy how we are still 'moving on' and going to school like the rest of the kids after formal night.

How do we move on? How do I move on? What am I? What's Lydia? What's going to happen to all of us?

The screeching ringing from my phone snapped me back but also scared me shitless. I was overthinking again or more like...having a good ol existential crisis again.

Just go with the flow, I thought

When I hit the sidewalk I decided it was time to jog. I almost never run. I thought it was so me some good to drain the adrenaline I was feeling within me.

My phone wolf-whistled once again. I ferreted in my pocket and then stopped with one hand sheltering the screen. My heart jumped right into my throat, beating even more rapidly than when I had been running.

*

"STILES!"

"Hey, sorry, Harris literally just let me out of detention!" He spoke out breathlessly. "He had my phone the whole freakin' time!"

I placed my phone in between my shoulder and ear and bent down to tie the loose laces of my shoes. "No shit! What lunatic keeps a student hostage till nine? That's some freaky predatory behavior."

"So what were the 15 missed calls for....and the 8 missed called from Allison?" I heard him shut close the door of his jeep.

"Allison's being interrogated by her father and creepy grandfather. They asked about both Lydia and I and how we were bitten by Peter. CORRECTION, I was bitten by some random loser but that's besides the point. They sent this guy out." I finally got up and continued to stroll down the barely lit neighborhood.

"Wait, what guy?!" He sounded panicked as I was.

"Allison told me he was dressed as a sheriff's deputy. They're clearly sending him to the station for Issac. Allison also mentioned he was carrying this box with a carving of wolfsbane on it...which means—

"They're gonna kill him." He interrupted. "We gotta get Issac the hell outta there."

"I wanna help out or at least watch and see if your unplanned plan will turn out to be unsuccessful...but I have homework to do." I quickly ended the call without a word and began to make my way back with a light jog.

Scott had snuck out of school early to do god knows what with Derek. Allison had informed me in our call that Derek will be meeting up with Stiles at the station. He's definitely in good hands.

*

"It had a tail."

I snorted, "Oh, I believe you. And If your boyfriend can glow his eyes, grow elf ears, and giant sharp fangs, i'm sure life size reptiles exist. Missing out on some werewolf action is no good when a new creature is suddenly added to the list. What's next? Vampires?

Issac ended up escaping from his sell at the station last night. The guy who was chasing after him? Got beat up by Derek. Stiles? From what I heard, he helped Derek beat the guy up. How? I'll just leave that up to him.