Chapter 19

"Oh, uh...yeah. We had talked over the phone" I said. "Well there is some great news" Blake said looking at Antonio. "What?" I asked. "I'm Ruby's mate" Antonio said happily.

"No way" I said in shock. "Yes way" Blake said. "She is the only one without a mate, right?" Antonio said looking at me. "Uh...I have a ring already" I said. "From who?" Blake asked with a clueless voice.

"Um it's from Scott. The only guy that I'm deeply in love with" I said staring at Blake in shock. "Who?" Blake asked. "Scott! The one who saved me from dying in the woods! The one who, when we were kids, acted more of a brother to me than you ever did! That's who Scott is!" I yelled as I stormed out of that room and into mine.

Scott was sitting on my bed waiting for me. "I thought you went home" I said in a confused way. " Your mother insisted that I stay since it is supposed to hail tonight" he said as I sat on his lap. "Well are you gonna sleep in the guest bedroom or in here with me?" I asked him. "Well you and I will be married soon so how about in here with you" he said. I laughed.

"What's so funny?" he asked. "Nothing" I said while I took his hand. "Scarlet?" a familiar voice said. "Yes, Ruby?" I replied. "I'm going over Antonio's house tonight" she said sadly. "It's ok" I told her.

"Are you sure you will be ok?" Ruby asked. "Yes, Ruby, I will be fine," I said, "I have a strong guy to protect me also." She looked at Scott and smiled, "Well ok, if you put it that way." "Ruby are you ready?" Antonio said coming upstairs. "Uh yeah, I'm coming," she said looking at me, "See you later."