Chapter36~Love and Like~

Start from the beginning

"Are you sure this is the place?"

"I'm hundred percent sure and you've already asked this for sixteen times. I counted." She mumbled still waiting patiently.

He put his finger on the chin and other arm folded with a thoughtful look.

"So let me get this straight, we are at the entrance of a random building at night which is closed and I'm pretty sure there's security who can catch us." He pulled his hair in frustration.

"Urgh let's go" Her patience ran out and she pulled his arm running.
They ducked down in the corner to avoid security.

They ran in a dark corridor and there was a locked door.

"Are you picking up the lock?" He asked as she was tampering the lock.

She looked at him, her brows creased.

"Ah! No silly I've a key geez I'm not a criminal. You've taught me better." She grinned and he rolled his eyes when they heard the click.

The door burst open and they stepped inside. Nandini's hair flying with humid air hitting their faces.

"It's beautiful" He whispered putting his hands in his jeans pocket. The entire New York skyline was visible from the terrace area.

New york is a city which never sleeps so you just have to take a moment to stop and absorb the beauty of the city. And that's exactly what they were doing.

"I know it is." She took a glance at his face. So serene so calm with no worries in the world which her made her feel so much better.

After a moment of just absorbing the beauty he heard some rustling behind he turned around to see Nandini taking a wooden carton from a middle aged man at the door.

"Thanks Anthony I owe you a big time." He nodded smiling and left waving a goodbye.

"Who was that? Manik walked to her and took the carton from her.

"Anthony, he takes care of the building it was his duty today. We became friends when I came here for work one time, he gave me the key too. I asked him to get us beer. Because....."

"You don't drink without me." He grinned and she chuckled at his reaction shaking her head in disbelief.

He opened the bottle for her and they sat on the wide marble slab legs dangling down.

They just sat in silence sipping the beer. The cold breeze hit their faces and they sight at each other. A lazy smile played on their lips and at that moment it was perfect.

For them home isn't a place, it is a person. And they were finally home.

"I think Maira likes you." It wasn't a question.

"I know. She confessed her feelings last week." He replied looking straight ahead.

"Then give her a chance she seems nice." She genuinely wanted him to move on.

"We are just business partners. There's nothing from my side."
There's a brief silence when Nandini spoke up again.

"Were you mad when I went out with Jake?" She asked slowly waiting for his reaction.

"Not really I mean I felt a little bad...."

"You mean jealous?" She teased bumping her shoulder with his and he chuckled.

"Fine a little jealous but I didn't want to tie you down, I wanted you to explore your options and meet people. I mean that's why you came to New York right? I was just giving you space." He explained in a single breath and took a long sip of his drink . "Plus I don't think you were in any single male company since childhood except me" He teased and she immediately slapped his arm.

"I had plenty options shut up okay" She said offended. "And I don't want to explore and I never ever want space from you." She shifted closer to him and put her head on his shoulder.

"So you don't want to go on more dates?" He asked like an excited child.

"Nope! Never" She made it loud and clear and swinged her legs and jumped on the ground pulling him from his arm.

"Dear god I was going to fall, my whole life flashed in front of my eyes." He shrieked dramatically with one hand on his chest.

"You're so annoying." She grumbled half turning around when he pulled her from her arm as her front bumped on his chest.

"And all yours." He whispered putting a hair strand behind her ear. She was speechless.

"Why are you so hell bent on me hooking with Maira?" He said huskily twirling her hair strand on his index finger.

"Because I-"

"Umm hmm?" He urged her to talk.

"Because I don't deserve you. Maybe I'm not made for love, maybe I'm my dad's daughter." She sighed looking down taking a step back from him.

His heart broke a little seeing her so insecure. So broken.

"Nandini just because you think you don't deserve me that doesn't mean it's true, everyone's broken in their own way. I'm more than you are just because I don't show it that doesn't mean it's not true." He stepped forward and took her right hand in his and other on her waist.

"Everyone have their issues you know. I mean I feel too much and you feel nothing." Her eyes widened and she hit him on his arm.

"Stop mocking me!" She whined dragging the 'e' in me and he laughed kissing the side of her head.

"Okay Okay sorry" They were now just moving on the spot which looked like slow dancing. Their faces were just mere far from each other and they were just lost in each other's eyes.

"What are we?" She traced her thumb from his cheek to his jaw.

"We can be whatever you want sugarplum." He answered and dropped a kiss on her cheek.

"So am I someone you're seeing? And you're not allowed to see another women except me?" She teased tracing patterns on his chest.

"If you're into labels then sure. I love you and you just like me or tolerate me I don't know." He shrugged and she pushed him hard japing.

"Good God I forgot in these eight months how annoying you are."

"Heyyy I'm actually hurt." He exclaimed in a fake misery.

"Shut up meenakumari." In two steps she was in front of him clutching his shirt from his waist in a tight grip.

"You're not someone I tolerate and definitely not someone I just like." She whispered over his lips which instantly made him clutch her waist.

"So more than like?" It was now or never for him.

"More than like." She immediately answered and he smiled widely crashing his lips on her's. She did not take a second to retort.

And at that moment they knew they are going to be okay.

___________

Hey long time I know but procrastination and writer's block just suck together.

Anyone who's asking me why are they not together it's almost the end of the story?
- they are together but it's just not officially said :)

Is it just me who thinks wattpad is not the same platform which it used to be years ago. Like I don't even read here anymore it's soo different from what it used to be.

Next update next week promise.