The Gravity Myth

The Gravity Myth by IanRCooper

Evan is an everyday guy, lacking ambition and direction. But when he wakes up captive in a pitch-black pit, he will discover the possibility of a new purpose through survival. The underground clan known as the Star-Shunners will teach him the meaning of sacrifice, and exactly what it takes to make the world go around. But Evan's resurrection comes with a price. One that makes him a murderer.

Weaving history, mythology, comedy, and brutality, The Gravity Myth plays out like American Gods by way of Fight Club. Read as Evan pulls back the curtain on a fourth-wall breaking god of many names, the absurdity of choice... and what is that horrible sucking sound at the center of the Earth?

Author Bio: Writer. Researcher. Slacker. Consumer of media and pizza. These are just a few words that describe Ian R Cooper. Unfortunately, they were the only words fit to print, you'll have to use your imagination for the rest of them.

Ian is the author of stories such as Birthright, a Southern Gothic horror shortlisted for both TNT's horror contest and the Watty's back in 20whatever. He's also currently writing The Gravity Myth, to appease the gods of shelved projects (see synopsis further down... a little more... whoops you passed it... there you go!). He loves wretched characters, which isn't really his fault, he was raised by wolf. Not wolves plural, wolf singular, and she worked the night shift. I guess you could call him a latch-cave kid.

Ian draws inspiration from authors such as Nick Cutter, Neil Gaiman, and Chuck Palahniuk. He believes that name-dropping isn't so bad when done tastefully, but speaking in the third-person is super pretentious.

 He believes that name-dropping isn't so bad when done tastefully, but speaking in the third-person is super pretentious