Because You're Different

Because You're Different by  ErinMandel

What if your body doesn't always do what you want it to do?

For June, this isn't a question, but a daily reality. As a fourteen-year-old with cerebral palsy, frequently dropping stuff and being stared at by complete strangers is nothing out of the ordinary. Other than that, life is great, until her parents decide to move to California.

With all her friends miles away and nobody there to protect her from boys stealing your lunch, school becomes a lot more complicated than it had been. Then, she befriends Sam Redstone, a shy boy who'd always been invisible to others.

June's days improve drastically with Sam by her side, and when she meets his older brother Nathan, she finally believes her cousin Valentina might have been right about sexy California guys. Slowly, she and Nathan develop a unique friendship, one that, June finds herself hoping, might someday turn into something more. But as the years go by, she's starting to think she might never be with him that way, or with any other man for that.

Author Bio: Erin Mandel is a disabled, bisexual author from the Netherlands. She is currently doing a master's degree in translation and hopes to become a professional one day. Her first Wattpad novel, "Because You're Different", tells the story of a girl with cerebral palsy who falls in love with her best friend's brother. Erin has cerebral palsy herself and grew up not seeing herself represented in any books or movies ever. Eventually, she decided that she would have to start changing that, and this novel is the result. After a hard and confrontational adjustment period, she has come to love having a character whose body works like hers, and she's planning to publish more stories about badass disabled girls in the future.

 After a hard and confrontational adjustment period, she has come to love having a character whose body works like hers, and she's planning to publish more stories about badass disabled girls in the future