The Summer I Loved You

The Summer I Loved You by seasidebreezes

Shae Samson's last summer before heading to university to study piano after a gap year isn't going according to plan. She was hoping to spend long days at Emerald Beach swimming in the ocean, and nights in Emerald City watching the traveling musicians and eating overpriced ice cream. Unfortunately, her boyfriend, Evan, and best friend, Livia, ditched her to backpack around Europe for a second time after admitting to hooking up behind Shae's back, and her Mom's decided to take off to Canada for six weeks to visit her long-distance boyfriend. To make matters worse--as if that were possible--Evan starts a rumor about Shae losing her virginity to him in his family's beachfront ice cream parlor, costing her the summer supervisor job she was relying on for the other half of her tuition.

With no jobs available in the small town at last minute, Shae's perfect summer is turning into more and more of a perfect disaster. That is, until entertainer Asher Lohan comes into town with his tattoos, rugged good looks, and acoustic guitar. His summer, the opposite of Shae's, looks exactly like he wanted - lots of tourists to drop money in his case, cruising the beaches with his traveling friends during the day, and playing music at night on the waterfronts across the state. However, when he meets Shae at Emerald Beach on a one-week pit stop between events, his frivolous plans get turned upside down, and Shae's solitary summer becomes one she'll remember forever.

Author Bio: NICOLE BEA is a technical writer and a published middle grade and young adult author who primarily focuses on books that include romance, drama, and self-discovery. An avid storyteller since childhood, she has honed her skills through a variety of educational programs including management, sociology, legal studies, and cultural diversity in the workplace, most recently engaging in coursework about communication for technologists. She loves stories of all shapes and sizes, but has a soft spot for short reads, protagonists with pets, and anything with ghosts.

When Nicole isn't busy updating her manuscript portfolio or catching up on her To Be Read pile, she can usually be found gardening, horseback riding, or perusing the shelves of a used bookstore. She and her husband share their home in Eastern Canada with a collection of multi-colored cats and a lifetime's worth of books.

 She and her husband share their home in Eastern Canada with a collection of multi-colored cats and a lifetime's worth of books