Hive Island - The Awakening

Hive Island - The Awakening by  TechieInAK

A decade after the last zombie sighting, something disturbing is brewing on the tropical island paradise of St. Leo. An unexpected letter from a fellow expert zombie researcher is all the reason Oliver needs to pack his bag and buy a one-way ticket to the island.

The threat he uncovers is unlike anything he has ever experienced before. As the truth about the outbreak emerges, Oliver finds himself fighting against time to uncover the reason for the new outbreak and find a way to prevent it. In the end, only one question matters: will he survive long enough to warn the rest of the world about what's coming?

Author Bio: Originally from Finland, Mattias lives in Alaska and spends the long, dark days of winter writing epic science fiction adventures. He joined Wattpad in 2015 but only began to write seriously in 2017, when The Descent was born in the form of a short story for a science fiction contest.

In 2018, he became a featured author, a Wattys shortlister and also joined the Wattpad Ambassador program. In the spring of 2019, The Descent joined the Wattpad Paid Stories program and a couple of months later, Mattias joined the ranks of the Wattpad Stars.

Since then, his work has been featured in the Read No Evil: An Anthology of Terror, the And Then There Were Zombies anthology, the 31 Blind Dates anthology and an upcoming anthology from Wattpad Paid Stories (to be released sometime in July). His novella Hive Island - The Awakening was recently one of the shortlisted stories in the Open Novella Contest.

When not writing and spending time on Wattpad, he loves exploring new technology and can't resist a warm cup of tea when the temperatures drop outside. Sometimes both feature in his stories, sometimes neither. On occasion, he can also be spotted playing video games to relax or dabbling with pencil and watercolor art.

 On occasion, he can also be spotted playing video games to relax or dabbling with pencil and watercolor art