The God Complex

The God Complex by  a_pintobean

God has returned to save us all, but who will save us from God?

A lot changed in the Fifteen years after they announced the world would end in our lifetime: London segregated into the five stages of grief; work became a leisure pursuit to maintain sanity, and Chocolate Eclairs became the most valuable commodity on the black market. Then EDEN - the high school set up to send our best and brightest young cadets into space to find a new planet failed. It was time to drink the planet dry.

All Gabe ever wanted to do was go on adventures. Haunted by the death of his brother as they tried to escape Earth, Gabe's world ended a long time ago - until, with only six months left until the Earth stopped on its axis, a mysterious and erratic God appeared in the form of Susan's pet budgerigar: Darwin, commanding her to go forth and start a new religion in his name to save humanity from their fate - a path that sends her on a collision course with the underground organisation 'Justice for Earth,' and their main target - President Buzz Abaddon: the nefarious leader of the remaining free world and the only man to profit from it's demise. Suddenly, Gabe's thrust back into the EDEN programme as he and humanity are given a second chance, and all God wants in return is so precious little: just a thank you, the occasional blood sacrifice and to get his Worship Ratio over 50% so he can move off the Earth account. When President Abaddon takes the credit for himself, humanity is held to account and forced to compete in Alan's twisted Tasks of Redemption to win back their freedom, Paradise and a new Earth. Gabe may still get the adventure he always dreamed of, but only if he can survive EDEN, a vengeful God, a holy war and a Paradise constructed of his own subconscious memories. Paradise Awaits!

Author Bio: Aaron Pinto del Rio / @a_pintobean

'English born, London dweller. I've worked in Media for most of my adult life and currently work for the broadcaster ITV. This is my first attempt at writing a novel and certainly won't be my last - so, where better to get some honest feedback than Wattpad!'

 This is my first attempt at writing a novel and certainly won't be my last - so, where better to get some honest feedback than Wattpad!'