Chapter 26

All for One sat at the top of his throne as he looked down at the sea of souls. He got his wish but it didn't feel like a victory at all.

In this world, because everyone is a spirit, they're all equal. No one can be discriminated against because they can do nothing about their negative thoughts... But...

It was just boring now....

Everyone just floated around and the occasional chatter came up to fill the air, only to die down again as quickly as it came.

He looked over at the bird cage by his feet and saw Toga dancing with his puppet and the restlessness got worse.

Oh yes... The vault.

He got up from his throne and gave one more glance at the dancing pair before leaving.

He had a deal to keep.

Clicking a finger, Kurogiri immediately appeared and a moment later, the vault appeared.

He knew full well that a spirit would be attracted to its own body so all he had to do was wait. He sent Kurogiri away as he knew that there was a chance for the woman to recognize the one who killed her. He bowed and dissappeared.

And just like that, a moment later, a spirit wandered over to be close to the body and All for One gave a respectful nod in her direction.

The spirit seemed flustered as she told him to lift his head.

They chatted for a little before he held out an arm like a gentleman before escorting Inko's spirit back towards his throne, but this time they made their way down the stairs to reach the bird cage.

He looked in horror as he saw his puppet no longer dead inside and dancing with other spirits that had wandered near the cage and it took a bit of effort to not crush all the free floaters right then.

But he was acting as a gentleman at that moment so he took a deep breath before unlocking the cage and walking in.

Toga took one look at the sound of keys and her eyes widened with horror as she saw her boss walking into the cage.

"Oh no..."

She froze as she wandered what to do. She had to choose between her family members and that was the one thing she didn't want to do.

She was so close for Izuku to turn back to normal...

"I...shouid sit this one out..."

In fear of being killed by the boss, Toga slunk to the side if the cage and sat on the floor.

"Izuku Midoriya." he called to the happy boy who turned towards him only for his face to explode with happiness as he saw Inko.

"Mum!" he pulled away from the others and ran over, his feet light as he embraced his mother's soul.

All for One smiled as his puppet was still in his control.

"I kept up my side of the bargain Midoriya," he started as he moved aside to reveal Inko's body. All she had to do was enter it and she could technically cross back over to the world of the living.

Izuku happily nodded before All for One continued. "so about your side? I want you to work under me for the rest of eternity."

Izuku nodded not thinking as he kept hugging his mother's soul. Nothing else mattered to him....

Except...

He turned around to look at the students who he had spent so many fun days with... But he had to choose his mother.

But...

His hesitation annoyed All for One and the man was getting impatient.

"No!" Izuku yelled as the man grabbed him by the arm and started to drag him away.

"Oi fucker!!" Bakugou's spirit came crashing down but against All for One, he didn't stand a chance.

"Let him go!" both Todoroki and Shinsuo yelled as they also threw themselves the the leader of villain. "Give him back!" Iida and Tsu said as they came from behind.

But nothing worked. The only one who remained was Inko who shivered in confusion and fright.

She saw the student spirits try and pull her son away from the man who was nice to her and she didn't know what to do. Her son wanted to stay with her and she couldn't be happier but...

She drifted over and hugged her son, tears gently flowing down as she leaned close to his ear and whispered.

"go Izuku, you'll be happier up there."

Izuku started to cry to as he hugged his mother back.

As much as he wanted her back, even though he spent his whole life trying, he knew that when someone dies, you let them go.

He held his mother's hand just as he did as a child. And just like the day when his quirk was first discovered, he let out a gentle happy smile as the two spun a circle together.

"Izuku!! Your quirk!!" His mother said, repeating the words that made him so happy when he was small. She smiled and thag made Izuku smile even more as light started to fill the air and sunbeams started to dance around them both. They were warm and Izuku was filled with the happiness he missed so much.

"Hey! What are y-?" he was stopped as Toga drew a knife to his throat, her love for Izuku triumphing over her fear of the boss.

"Izuku hurry! I can't hold him for long!" she pleaded as the annoyed man turned around to try and fling her off.

The other spirits piled on top of him, all together as they brought Izuku time.

He smiled at the people who cared so much for him and as he and his mother came to the end of their little skipping dance, his skin glowed with the light just like when the two danced the whole way home. Except that time he never knew his dance was the Encore of Life.

Izuku wiped the tears from his eyes as he hugged his mother one final time, before opening his eyes that glowed brighter than the sun.

He waved at Inko before running off towards his friends who were already waiting at the end of the light he brought down.

"Bye mom! I'm going home!