Chapter 7

About 5 years later (the time where All Might has started to look for a successor)

"Izuku!" Toga leapt towards the taller boy who caught her arms and spun her into a low dip, and kissed her in a passion. Just to shut her up. This had become a habit after Izuku's mumbling got annoying and Toga kissed him to shut him up.

It was now Izuku's way of shutting anyone up but it didn't work on the rest of the league as they viewed him now as a younger brother and would want to throw up onto him when he tried to kiss them.

He finally parted their lips after Toga had basically fainted and glared into her eyes. Their faces were so close that she internally squealed while tracing her eyes along his features.

The baby fat was all gone from his body due to excessive training and his naturally thin build gave him a strong allure. His body was still immature but he was at the age where he was no longer a child but not yet a teen.

Izuku has gained a lot of muscle from being able to dance and every time he did, he would pour every once of his being to save a life.

Except his version was very different to a hero's. He learnt that almost every villain was just an outcast to society for their quirks and that they only resorted to crimes to stay alive or help another.

Izuku once joined in with a bank robbery by entering the building first pretending to be a hostage while the rest of the group got the place on lockdown before getting up gracefully. He would hum and sway at the other hostages and sapped their strength while the money was put into the bags before they all disappeared in the mist.

He prevented any panic by doing this so he did it willingly, letting the flow of music escape his lips as he spun around.

Within the last years, he had both discovered and named the next two more routines, practicing them to raise their full potential.

Dance of sunlight healing, his first move, was now capable of changing a person's physical health so they will not die of a fatal wound. His range was as wide as a hall and he could direct his strength depending on how he danced.

Dance of shadow suffocation, the one he discovered at his mother's death. It saps the strength out of his targets, range was the same as the first, and it was now capable of sending people into a sleep of exhaustion.

Symphony of fears, discovered by accident after watching a horror movie. It was a psychological attack that targeted weak willed people. It's wide range made it effective for crowds, immediately making those unable to fight, pass out for half a day.

Ballad of the night, a powerful move that Izuku still hasn't yet mastered as deep down, he's unable to plunge a person emotionally into despair. Ballad of the night is like a stronger version of the symphony of fears except it targets the strong before breaking them down.

"What is it Toga" Izuku asked in a bored voice. His eyes rolled backwards as if to emphasize his restlessness.

Since he was a masked criminal, no one knew his real identity but he still wasn't allowed to go out and wander the streets since not only was he too young no not suspiciously wander alone, but his face is on a "missing" list by the police.

Although it didn't matter to Izuku since he saw it as the price he payed to be a hero to the hostages by being a villain.

Deep down, he still wished that he was never kidnapped and maybe he would've grown up and became a real hero but...

His eyes darkened and his piercing glare returned, ...he would've never seen how the real society was like.

Toga shivered as she saw those eyes. She loved them to this day and she already knew she'd love it for till the end of time. They set her heart racing as she pulled out a knife, craving blood.

Leaping forward, she dived head first at Izuku who had gotten use to this assault and just calmly took a step back and flipped her over his shoulder, twisting her so she gracefully landed on her feet with her back to his back.

He pulled out a can of hairspray and sprayed his hair upwards and to the side before making his way to the door.

"I'm off for a walk." He muttered as he slipped away and bolted for the street.

The evening was cool and the sun was about an hour away from setting. Izuku skipped down the street with his hood over his face. He looked around making sure no one could see him before he started to him a little tune and danced around.

He wasn't really trying as only a few sunbeams danced along with him but it did fill him with a sense of sorrow from the time when Kacch- no... When Bakugou turned his back. He missed the fluffy caramel scented boy but it didn't matter anymore. He was a hero from the shadows, his very own All Might.

And as if fate decided to have some fun, Izuku crashed headfirst into a figure before blacking out briefly.

Opening his eyes, he sprung backwards in defense before gasping.

"All Might??"

His eyes widened and all his feelings that were inside of him wanted to burst free. The time when Bakugou rejected him seemed fake and all hope was in him again. Surely the number of hero would say the words he wanted to hear?

He took a step forward, "I..."

The words couldn't come out when he realized the sheer hypocrisy if he were to talk but... He wanted to know.

"All Might! I... Can I...be a hero?"

He looked at All Might with wide eyes that shone brightly and All Might laughed in his kind voice. Izuku wanted to smile to before he carried on.

"E-even...if I..." What should he say? Should he say he was quirkless like he did with Bakugou? But he didn't trust All Might to give him the answer he wanted... In fact...he didn't trust anyone.

"Even if...I don't trust anyone?" He looked away in shame. That was it. His last thread of hope. Please....

"Well that's a bit of a problem kid..."

No no no no no no please stop...

"...I was going to say of course you could but..."

All Might why...don't do this to me... I've been left behind by the people I'm close to already....stop...

"...I believe a hero must be able to trust his companions..."

Am I going to be left behind by you too All Might? Is the number of hero really going to leave me behind too?

"I'm sorry kid.."

No no no no NO NO NO STOP IT.

"But I don't think it's going to happen."

...
..
.
..
...
" I see..." Rejected, Izuku turned around and started to walk away.

"Thanks anyway."

He turned his face towards the hero he looked up to for the final time, with eyes that were dead and empty.

"Goodbye."