Chapter 3

Lucy POV

"Sorry you had to find out this way, Happy."

"I... I don't understand. Why were you kicked out?!"

Even though I am mad at Natsu for kicking me out and saying those mean things to me, I don't want to ruin his relationship with Happy. Plus Happy would be devastated if he found out Natsu kicked me out.

"I felt weak. I wanted to train more to get stronger and help my friends more."

"But, Lucy you aren't weak."

"It's okay Happy. I'll probably be back in the team soon. So don't worry. When I come back I promise I'll be stronger and be able to help my friends more."

"Where are you going? How long are you going to be gone?"

"I'm not really sure where I'll be going. But I'll probably be gone around 4-6 months."

"When are you leaving?"

"In a few days."

"Then we should hangout tomorrow. Just the three of us."

"Uh..." Happy looked so sad when I was hesitating. Maybe I should say yes. I just have to endure Natsu for a day right? I don't even have to talk to him. Alright. "Yeah okay. We can hang out tomorrow"

"Yay! I'll see you tomorrow Lucy! I have to go see Carla."

"Alright bye!" I say as I wave.

With that he flew out of my arms and into the woods. I still see Natsu standing there awkwardly.

"Need something?" I say.

"Huh? Oh well why are you leaving? And all by yourself! Someone can kidnap you or something! Let me go with you to protect or something!" Natsu said angrily.

"Really Natsu? You kick me out because you say you were tired of protecting me! I'm leaving because I'm too weak. I'm going to get stronger. You are not coming with me since you are tired of protecting me. Loke is coming with me anyways!"

"Yeah I said that but I just wanted you to get stronger. Since you are always saying you are weak. Even though you don't say it to me I can still hear it. I wanted to help you get stronger but I ended up being a jerk. I'm sorry about that. I'm really am."

I'm touched and surprised at the same time. I want to believe him but my mind is telling me not to yet my heart is saying to believe him. I shall make him prove it to me.

"Prove it to me tomorrow. When we hang out. If you do then I will forgive you."

"I promise I will Lucy. I'm really sorry for that. Really. I promise you"

"We'll see. Bye Natsu see you tomorrow." and start walking away while waving my hand at him.

"Bye Luce" he says quietly.

*~*

Lucy POV
                  *At the Guild*

I can't wait to see my friends. I haven't seen them in a while. I barely open the door and Levy launches herself onto me.

"Lulu I missed you! Where have you been?"

"Hey Levy! I was training. Also I'm leaving in a few days to train some more with Loke."

"Ok. I'll miss you. We should hang out tomorrow!"

"Sorry Levy, I'm already hanging out with Happy and Natsu, but we can hang out the day after tomorrow."

"Alright. I'm about to leave on a mission but its an easy one. I'll be back tomorrow! See ya Lucy!"